1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is it easy to rent out a house in las vegas?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by JohnnyD, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Tourist

As stated in other threads, i am looking to purchase a house in the summerlin area for around $150 000 - $165 000. I have already been in contact with an agent and weighing my options right now. Just wondering is it hard to rent out a house in vegas. I may get a property manager for help, but i am looking for an investment for now and in about 8 years live in the house myself for about 4 months of the year. I live in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Always!

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you should search the mls or craigs list to see what you should expect to get per month,

i can tell as a renter brokers out her sux. i came from nyc and brokers are great out her they dont care they get paid so litlle that if you dont decide after a day usualy they wont show you any other properties u have to move on to another,

also get a mgm agent to do a backround check and run it for it can be a nitemare

3. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a local I would be willing to be a property manager for you. I might be looking to rent a place in the near future as well.
    I have never done property management in the past however I pick up skills fast. Besides making a few random "make sure
    the house is still there visits" what else would you require? I could interview prospective clients as well. Please let
    me know. Thanks my email is [email protected]

4. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

It can be absolutely toxic, as has been described on this board from time to time. You want to proceed with caution. One friend had good luck renting out his home. He found a good manager and also has a daughter living in Vegas who kept an eye on the manager and the property. He took the house off the rental market and now winters there.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

See the thread below about the current owner who is considering selling -- and then re-buying later -- because of bad property managers and worse tenants.

6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i can recomend a good proprty mgr thats what the due all u do is collect the money if you want they are the one i pay my rent to and they handle alot of vegas if you want a lead to inquire

7. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can check following web sites to get some sense of availability and rental price - Zillow, Trulia, Rentals (+ dot com) . There are many many property management co in LV especially over the last few years, however it will take some time to find a good one. I'm in the process looking for a new management co. myself. I think it's necessary to have a property manager being a distant landlord.

8. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran into a property manager last time I was in Vegas. Their business model was different in that the property manager also did the minor repairs himself. Little stuff like leaking faucets and toilet seats didn't require calling in a tradesman. Sounds like a good idea and should save money. Plus that gets the manager in the building more to see how it's being taken care of.

All this is useless information cause I don't have his card with me here in WI.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.