1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

IRS Rant: Took my money and now NO WAY TO GET LIVE HUMAN!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TIMSPEED, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, so I owed taxes last year and they took them out of this years REFUND...except they took the amount $417 out of BOTH State AND Federal.
    The best I could do automated was find out that the ORIGINAL debit (I did State first) is "still processing"...yet they took it out of FEDERAL (just to be sure they get it)
    LoL, and the best part is...I've tried every number they've got, ever PROMPT they've got...it all goes to "Sorry we're experiencing extremely high call volume, please try again later." Then hangs up!
    Anyone have any ideas?
    I mean, I know I'll get the money back eventually...but sheesh!

Palace Tower Suite!
  2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no dude you have to wait, likely 2 or 3 times, because the rebate/refund will be no good
    because CA or Treasury will both hijack each other more than once, btdt

just sit tight and breathe

3. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea if they have a different language option but if they do, they might pick up faster on those lines. Atleast it works that way for the EDD line. A little trick I learned when I was on disability for my surgery.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you pay penalties and interest on a balance that's old?

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes...on 2013 taxes of $411, I paid $6 in penalties and interest...

Palace Tower Suite!
  6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with frank - Just breathe and keep calling. It sucks to deal with them about anything, but eventually you'll get through to someone who will sort it out. I try to not give myself a stroke over that kind of thing I can't really change. I still want to, but I try to not. :wink2:

As to the rest of the posts that I just poofed.... let's please keep this on the topic of getting through to a person at the IRS. Snarky comments, political commentary (including your feelings about taxes in general) or your inquiries about why the OP didn't do something differently before now are off topic and will be deleted. Thanks!

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! That's not as bad as I thought it'd be. It also illustrates the difference between us... you'll drive across town to play a VP machine with a payable that'll spit out an extra 5 quarters on a full-house, but have no issue with $6 on penalties/interest on taxes. I on the other hand would make a big deal of paying the extra taxes, but don't bat an eye on resort fees, going thru the tunnel, etc. Truly... to each his own!!!

8. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, have some inside experience on this matter. Make no mistake about it, they're hoping you'll go away, then then just shut up and color. If you contact someone on the phone, they will no doubt talk you in such circles as to send you into crazymaking behavior.

9. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim,
    In the early 70's, the IRS once raided my checking account in excess of $20k for missing a payment by 2 weeks.
    Do not mess with IRS.

10. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What was your thought process here Tim if I may ask? Did you know that they would debit this years refund? Could you have set up a simple payment plan last year with the IRS to pay them off? I mean over a year it's less than $10 a week. Thankfully I've never been in this position but one of my kids may be in the hole this year so I'm kind of interested to find out what they will allow her to do.
    Good Luck,I'll be glad to send you a dollar if you can get 416 other people on here to send you one also.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt.

I owed the State of Maryland, including interest and penalties, $4100 for 2013. This year I got back $(a large amount).

Just chill.

You won't get anyone on the phone this time of year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.