1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iPhone 6s Owners - Problems with iOS 10.0.2

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm having bad scrolling problems since the latest iOS was downloaded. Scrolling is not smooth and gets "stuck" for a few seconds between scrolls.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, did you solve it?

I realize this doesn't quite rank with nuclear war as a problem, but when you've been doing things a certain way for years and then it's suddenly gone, it is quite annoying.

I scoured the online help sites but can't seem to find a solution that doesn't involve backing up and deleting 10.0.2. I am not tech savvy enough for that.

Yeah, yeah shoulda got the Samsung Galaxy, blah, blah. I need help with iPhone 6s.

Thank you.

2. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain, I have this issue with my iPad, unless the screen is spotlessly clean I have scroll issues, when the screen is spotlessly clean the problem no longer exists!

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes...my 6 has been a bit quirky in that regard since I updated. I've also had a bit of trouble retrieving voice-mails on occasion as well. I tap the number and press the arrow and it just goes back to the start again. I used to religiously avoid doing the updates for a few months and would read up on others experiences a bit before doing it, but this one I did immediately because I'd read there were some major security patches included. I'm sure there'll be another "bug-fix" update forthcoming to square things up.

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not updated yet. Maybe I don't want to.

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife's tech guy told us to skip it and wait for the next update which will have fixes to these problems. I am good with whatever "9" I have currently. But I feel ur pain too. Good luck

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I upgraded my 5s to the new software and I find it a little slow and clunky

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  7. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From day one I've had problems pushing the 1 button when I need to dial the phone. I finally found that if I tilt the phone at about a 45 degree angle it works fine.

My ipad has gotten very slow (relatively speaking) over the past year. Even after deleting a bunch of programs that I don't use and clearing my history it still is not near as fast as when I first got it four years ago.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  8. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

What's driving me nuts is the "suggestions" for words while you are typing in a message or email. I HATE this, it's distracting. I somehow figured out how to turn this off previously but I can't figure it out this time. I just loaded the update this morning so I haven't really had time to figure out what else is going to piss me off.

Anyone know how to fix this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Kelly

9. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

Friend just texted me.....hold the emoji button down and select non-predictive.

Thought I'd share the answer in case someone else needs to know this!

Cheers,
    Kelly

10. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the 3D Touch feature in iOS10 you have to develop a "lighter touch" for Slider Buttons like for example; Brightness.
    And you need a little heavier touch for Swiping and Pressing Harder opens Contextual Menus inside areas such as Notifications.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  11. birdman925

birdman925 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. That was bugging me too.

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went online and found that if you go into settings and toggle to zoom and then back to standard it fixes the problem. I did that and so far so good.

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually love the new deal on voicemail where it displays the text version. However, I am having a hard time buying that my husband went to the mall today. Shopping is not his thing. I really need to go back & listen to what that vm said - I don't think his voice converts to text well lol.

14. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always wanted a date with Siri. I would make lewd suggestions and she would just play coy.

15. pleasemum

pleasemum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just hate it - I wish I never upgraded - having problems with my bluetooth in my vehicle. Takes forever to dial out between calls - seems to be hanging on the previous call. Am looking into reverting back. But reading how to do this is complicated as I never had my phone back-ed up.

Hopefully fixes come out soon or this will be an easy jump to Android - apple better get on it!! Teen boys switched to Samsung and are very happy.....not sure how long I can hang on......

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you need to re-sync the bluetooth. It is too complicated to revert. I got a headache just reading the instructions. I believe they do this crap intentionally to try to get you to upgrade.

17. pleasemum

pleasemum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're right - will resync Bluetooth- thanks Breeze

18. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took mine to the Apple store Friday for a fix and there were tons of people in there getting their phones fixed after that updated. Everyone complaining about it.

By the way Breeze, I've learn Siri doesn't have a clue what the F word even means.

19. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google the name; Susan Bennett if you want to put a real face to Siri's voice.

20. Danielle

Danielle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had that problem, but I have had some of my own problems. I'm sure that they are still trying to work out the kinks that they have.