1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iPhone 6 - Battery draining super fast since last system upgrade?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by letsgotovegas, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

OK, so let me start off by saying that I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world. I probably use 15% of the total functionality of my phone.

Last week we loaded some kind of system update. I know there was a 9 followed by .3.4 or .4.3 or something involving those numbers, or maybe not. Who knows?

Anyway we've both noticed that since we loaded this update, our batteries are draining much faster than they had previously. Nothing else changed in that time frame as far as I know. If it were just one of us having the problem, I would think it was a hardware problem, but we're both having the same problem!

So, are we crazy to think that update had something to do with this new battery draining quickly problem?

I defer to you techie's out there to advise this geezer.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Kelly

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my first thought without looking at my phone... Every time my iPhone updates itself, it turns bluetooth and some other things on that I normally don't use. Some background data for certain apps may have been turned on also. You may want to look at those also.

3. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to settings and then battery and it will show battery usage by app for the past 24 hours or 7 days to see if an app is causing the issue

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kids leave theirs in low power mode all the time. I virtually never think to do that with mine unless battery is already half gone. I have a Halo charger in my purse just in case at all times. But I mentioned in the other thread that yeah - seems to be draining mine a bit more too.

6. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for starting this topic. I have a 6 plus and DH has iphone 5 and both batteries almost completely drained and it was after the new update. This morning it looks like they are both fine.

7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Thanks all for your suggestions! I will try these when I have a free moment!

Cheers,
    Kelly

8. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite easy tip is too go to settings then General then -Accessibility then you will see Increase Contrast and Reduce Motion which by default they are both off...Turn them both on you will save some battery life and your programs you press will open without delay

9. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.