1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

internet cafe?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Toronto, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toronto

Toronto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I don't bring a laptop or phone to Vegas.
    Will be staying in the Fremont area, any internet cafes around there?
    ...and I don't mean those terminals in some of the hotels with exorbinant rates...

or if not around Fremont, in the strip area?

thanks

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what you think exorbenate rates to be. There was a terminal (Kiosk) in Fitz (Now the D) and I think it was $5 FOR A CARD WITH 15 or 20 minutes which you could save and use again if you didn'[t use it all up at once. There are 2 computers by the Tower elevators at El Cortez but that was expensive;;;ok for an emergency. Some hotels have a business center and provide computers for guests. Yu might call and ask if they have any where you are staying. There are several internet cafe's on the Strip. I now take a laptop so it's been a few years but there is a convenience store with a Hawaiin theme just south of the Harley Davidson Cafe on the strip. Walk all the way to the back. They were reasonable I thought. You can pay for 15 minutes or more or if you aren't sure they will allow you to go and divy up at the end; I think it used to be $12/hour.

Maybe someone will have more up to date info for you.

Jimbo338

3. Toronto

Toronto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Jimbo...will be staying at Main St. Station.

went on google maps, is this the place you mentioned?

[​IMG]

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main St. has free internet in the area next to the slot club/slot tournament area. Tables and chairs too. Looks like you lucked out.

There's a coffee shop across from the El Cortez that has internet if you buy somethin'. The Beat I think its called.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street has two terminals in the lobby, next to the bellman's desk. I don't recall the rates, but I've used them once or twice and didn't feel they were outrageous, but not cheap either if you're going to do a lot of internet time.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. Toronto

Toronto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys

Also thanks for reminding me of THE BEAT. Might want to see what that place is like (not for internet as I won't have a 'device')

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Toronto,
    Yes, that is the place, on the left to the rear.Cheaper than the kiosks and more private than most of the places, and if you are going to be on for a bit they will let you pay at the end,,,,,,,at least they did for me. They have can soda there for 2/1.00 last time I was in, and they have a nice selection of sweatshirts , jackets and the like if you buy any of that stuff. It's been a couple of years now since I've been there cause I stay downtown now and bring my laptop.

Jimbo338

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry - misread your post - since you don't have a device with you, the free MSS internet won't be a help. Unless you can pick it up with your fillings.

Same for The Beat - they have wifi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.