1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

international boards??

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has something like this ever been thought of? Idk about the UK but here in canada things are so much more expensive compared to the USA and our rules are different that it is sometimes hard to figure out the proper information we need.

I know most of the boards are centered around rooms and gambling but what about boards to help others from other countries? I know we can post in some of the other forums but if we could loop those questions in one place where others could help us i am sure that would be helpful.

Some of these boards and posts get looked over, if they were all in one place we could help each other more.

Am i alone with this thought??

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what you're asking for. Are you looking for a board that specifically addresses international shopping or are you talking about a section here just for international travelers?

3. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    section for international travellers. There is so much more than shopping, luggage rules are different, taxes are different, etc etc.

I just think it would be handy to be able to find it all in one section. Search doesn't always help. I know other boards (like disboards) has a section for canadians.

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are already a lot of other message boards that deal with travel related issues, taxes, customs, etc.

5. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe as a topic/sticky

I think a tips, important information and advice for Canadians heading to Las Vegas would make a good topic. Filled with enough info it could warrant a sticky status. I'm not sure there is enough discussion to warrant an entire sub-section.

6. MCinBC

MCinBC Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh? I live in Vancouver, and other than having to be a passport holder (which most people in the industrialized world own) travelling to the U.S. for me is no different than travelling within Canada (except for the TSA goofballs- but that's pure entertainment!)

Taxes charged and luggage rules are no different here - taxes vary throughout the country and the latter vary with airline. Same as the U.S.

I'd definitely get tips travelling to Asia though. Lol

I WILL bitch all day long about the IRS taking 30% of my winnings and having to reclaim. If I didn't like the Aria and Bellagio so much, I'd stay home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.