1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Initial Buy ins at Table Games

Discussion in 'Comps' started by meyers67, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may be a silly question....

Let's say I buy-in for $1,000 cash and play. When I'm done, I color up and leave. If I am going to play again a few hours later, should I cash out my chips and re-buyin with cash at the table? Or is it ok to just come back with the chips?

Someone told me that if you buy in with cash, it's recorded differently and you may get more comps.

Thanks

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can just buy again with chips. Buying in with cash again does not get you any more comps than buying in with chips. Comps are based on play, not your buy in

3. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a rule I always cash out and buy in with cash. I don't like walking around with chips in my pocket.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can just keep the chips. as far as comps there's absolutely no difference. they keep track of your win/loss at the table, not at the cage.

5. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, depending on your typical buyin, you have to be careful about cashing chips in and re-buying with cash. Each transaction is treated separately and if you go over $10,000 in total buyins, even at 1,000 per buyin, you will generate a CTR. Although not necessarily a problem, it could generate a red flag to the government. Just keep the chips, as others have said, it doesn't change comps. It is much easier to carry chips most of the time.

6. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They keep track of all cash coming into the game. When you bust out and take out another couple of hundred the boss makes note of that too. It's not just the bet x instances x HE x time. There are other variables, and when you take chips from one table to another it's not noted as a buy in. You should always buy in with cash.

I'll always rebuy with cash. They care how much cash they push through the slot. What goes out in chips isn't as much concern as they can't control that.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, the other variable is actual loss.

this is just plain wrong. yes, they track how much cash you give them, but they also track how many chips you bring to the table. and they track how many chips you left the table with. they take the difference of how much you started with (cash or chips) and how much you left with and that's the number they write down as the actual win/loss, which is part of your rating.

if they only tracked cash buy-in, everybody would buy-in with lots of cash, leave with chips, rinse and repeat and show a huge loss and get tons of comps. obviously, it doesn't work that way.

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They also track what chips you take when coloring up.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

9. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They track the cash buyins because they are required to by law. It is a total misconception that re-buying with cash after taking chips off table has any bearing on their view of available bankroll and, likewise, comps. Unless you are ratholing chips to make it look like you lost money, they will know you bought in for 1,000, then walked with 1,000 and then bought back in for 1,000. Total of 1,000 bankroll, not 2,000. Comps are based on theo and/or actual loss. If you have a credit line or front money it will skew an initial offer, but probably only that first time.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.