1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Info please about going to a Mandalay Bay Beach Concert

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by muskokacam, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskokacam

muskokacam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I are going to a night concert at Mandalay Bay Beach/wave pool as part of their Beach concert series in July.
    Just wondering if anyone could chime in about their experience at a concert there?
    Did you stand/wade in the water to watch it? or Did you stand or sit on the sand? Were towels provided or did you bring a blanket? (seems cumbersome to me...)
    How early beforehand did you get there to get a spot?
    What did you wear? I know it will be warm in July.
    What was it like? Was it too crowded as it is standing room only or manageable?
    Any tips/advice on going to a concert there?
    Any more info would be appreciated.
    If you have any pics you could post that would be great too.
    Thanks.

2. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for asking these questions. I am also going to a concert there in July and would love to know.

3. Its Only Money

Its Only Money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping for an answer too. I am going to Lee Brice next Friday. I will report back on the venue.

I need one more trip to up my frequent flier level
  4. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been there last year to Ziggy Marley, so I'll try my best:

- Did you stand/wade in the water to watch it? A lot do so.
    - Did you stand or sit on the sand? Were towels provided or did you bring a blanket? I sat on the sand before the concert and stood up when the band came out. Bring your own blanket.
    - How early beforehand did you get there to get a spot? Was there maybe 1/2h before due to the parking situation. Valet was only open for hotel guests or higher Mlife tiers. There is a lot of space, so no worries if you come late.
    - What did you wear? Casual summer wear.
    - What was it like? Was it too crowded as it is standing room only or manageable? Totally manageable. As mentioned, there is a lot of space. It was very chilled... maybe because of the reggae concert... with all the specific smells around me! ;)
    - Any tips/advice on going to a concert there? Just enjoy it, it was very relaxing and a totally friendly atmosphere.

5. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information, sounds like a great place for a concert.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw the Beach Boys there a few years ago. It was packed and there was a very long line to get in. Rather than wait at the end of a long line, we just sat outside and waited for the line to dissolve. By the time we got into the pool area all the good spots on the beach were taken so we waded into the water which was mostly empty. Luckily, we were prepared to get wet. The stage was across the pool from the beach so being in the water we were close to the stage. They were running the wave generator on a low setting so every now and then a small wave came through.

7. Its Only Money

Its Only Money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at a concert there last Friday night. I enjoyed the venue. A couple of tips, if you get there before the gates open and have a long walk to the end of the line, keep walking past the end of the main line and go to the line by the Border grill. This line was much shorter, although you enter at the back of the venue you will pop out right by the stage. They have no towels for you to use to sit on the beach. The gift shop in the pool area is open and you can buy towels in there, I would suggest a blanket if you have a problem sitting in the sand. There are no loungers out and no other chairs, it is standing room only. There are a few places where you can stand up against a bar facing the stage, we spent much of our time there. I will say standing in the back where we were might have hurt the acoustics some, this is at the back of the beach bar. A little note about the beach bar as well, they are extremely slow. I mean 5 minutes per transaction slow.

We had a good time, its a fun venue. I would go see a show there again. Like others have said you can stand in the water, they have lifeguards out the whole time. Most people are standing the entire show. If you want to sit in the sand, more than likely you are on the periphery of the viewing area either in the back or on the sides. Enjoy the show. Here is a picture from last week.

IMG_2129[1].jpg

I need one more trip to up my frequent flier level
  8. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I really enjoy shows at the MB's beach, it's by far my favorite for the pool shows.

Just a warning though shows will cancel if there is lightning. There are lights on the stage that monitor the storms and if they go from green to red, they call it. July and August are monsoon season so this can occur more often than you'd expect. Though, I've seen about a dozen shows there and only one was cancelled, and another was threatened. For the show that cancelled we only got three songs from the headliner. Since it had started, we were not refunded.

I prefer to wade in the water, it's cooler and less crowded than the sand. You will get splashed and bumped with garbage buckets with empties float by, I've seen people get tripped up. Protect your cell. I wore jeans once, which was stupid, even if you roll them up you get wet because of the wave pool. Since then, I've worn summer dresses and my husband wears trunks or basketball shorts for quick drying. If you want to be in the water you don't need to arrive early to secure a spot, that's only the case if you stay in the sand and expect people coming and going all around you. Bathroom lines can be very long for women. Same goes for beer sales, a bucket is recommended. I haven't been yet this year, but in the past you could bring in a drink as long as you poured it in plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.