1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Indian food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Icedgenes, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any opinions on or reviews of India Masala or Paymon's? Based on some of the health reports posted in other threads we are staying away from Indian Buffets.

2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paymon's is a mixed bag with a little Italian, Persian, Indian, Greek etc. and I thought the food was mediocre, but we did not order any Indian dishes. India Masala is in the food court of the Riv and gets pretty good reviews. We went to their sit down restaurant, India Masala Bar and Grill on Flamingo, and gave it 2.5 Forks out of 5 rating. I believe it still participates in Restaurant.com as does India Palace which used to be our favorite. The Mint Indian Bistro gets good reviews for both their buffet and sit down meals. I haven't been there since it changed names so I cannot comment, but dinner used to be very good. Mount Everest on W Sahara is good, but we encountered a service problem on a slow night so we have not been in a rush to go back. Overall I have been disappointed with Indian food in Las Vegas, but I keep trying. Next up is Om Restaurant out on Eastern Ave in Henderson.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What health reports? Interested to see these myself

4. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info Westie. I read some of your other posts to help narrow choices down earlier. Guess I'll take a vote once we get to Flamingo street and size up Mint and Masala. I would actually prefer the buffet because I like to sample everything but if we reach the area late I don't want food off a buffet ready to shut down.

As to Health Reports, nothing in recent months but some noted in previous years so I was looking for recent experiences. People can always improve.

5. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might mention that our favorite Indian restaurant in Las Vegas for a few years was Origin India, but it has twice been closed by
    the health department. Once I can forgive, twice goodbye.

FWIW - the LVA has a coupon good for 20% dinner at the Mint.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  6. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten the lunch buffets at India Palace, Mt, Everest and India Masala. I would score the food at India Masala on Flamingo a couple notches above the others for both the quality and variety. Mt. Everest would be next, followed by India Palace which I really did not care for.

I'll try to get to the Mint Indian Bistro next time I'm in town.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. spiritair

spiritair Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the Mint last week and it was excellent. Has the Indian sampler for 2, plus one of the lamb curries (forget which one but it was spicy and outstanding). The service was great also.

8. Willy Makeamess

Willy Makeamess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved the indian food at Gaylord in the Rio years ago.
    Went back last year to try the new place that's took over and probably had the only bad meal we've ever had in Vegas in 12 years.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.