1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

India or Thai Food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Icedgenes, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have recommendations on good reasonably priced Indian, Thai and the like, spicy and flavorful. We will be at Red Rock Canyons our last morning and would like to stop somewhere off strip for something different on our way back, likely lunch hour. I've searched and read posts here and elsewhere but it is hard to tell what is still open, good etc.

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Archi's Thai is very good multiple locations, lunch specials for $7.95.

If you really like spicy Pan Asian is another good choice. I believe they have lunch specials too, but I'm hooked on the drunken noodles which are not a special.

When it comes to Indian, I've been unimpressed. Mantra Masala is decent, but not worth recommending with such great Thai options.

• Love Love x 1
  3. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want Thai, the place to go is Lotus of Siam. They are one of the best Thai restaurants in the country. It is located on Saraha about a mile east of the strip.

4. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lemongrass at Aria for upscale Thai.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Thai Downtown or Sea at Bally's.

6. sunnyside

sunnyside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Lotus of Siam, always a must while in Vegas. Lunch is served only Monday-Friday, not on the weekend!

7. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yet another vote for Lotus of Siam. Don't let the strip mall setting dissuade you. I've taken some foodies there and they were more than pleased.

As for Indian, I've not found any I much care for but would also like suggestions.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Thai is on fremont st east almost across the street from El Cortez. I asked about Thai food last year but everytime I get the urge the place is packed with people waiting on the sidewalk.......a sign that it is goof food?

Jimbo338

9. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. Just don't do the buffet.

I also like Le Thai downtown.

10. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the suggestions! I will check into going to Lotus of Siam and weekdays are perfect, we are looking for a Thrusday Lunch or midday meal.

I am still open to more ideas, Indian and liberally spiced eastern. (We are not big seafood fans). An Indian friend mentioned having found an authentic Indian restaurant that she loved while in Vegas but she could not recall the name.

11. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOS lives up to the well-deserved hype. Authentic and delicious!

For my June trip, I am expanding my Thai horizons and will try Archi's Thai Kitchen. The reviews are promising.

12. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And yet another vote for Lotus so it must be good!

Has anyone tried Mint Indian Bistro? The menu looks good with either a lunch buffet to 3pm or an early dinner from 3pm on. They also have a Norwegian Imperial Stout that I would love to try and a slew of other exotic beers for the husband to choose from.

13. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go for lunch do NOT do the buffet. Order off the actual dinner menu. I cannot stress this enough.

14. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Thai is good.

But the reason that there is a long line is that the inside dining area is tiny.

And, in my experience, the yuppies who frequent it tend to linger & socialize.

15. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to May.

16. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Lemongrass at Aria. Be sure to get mango sticky rice for dessert.

Went to lotus and was not impressed.

17. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Lemongrass. Even being on the Strip, it's one of the few Thai places I've been to that actually provided proper Thai utensils (spoon and fork) as a default.

18. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The BEST indian food I've ever had in America was believe it or not at the India Masala in the food court at the Riviera.

Not exactly glamarous, but the curry was spot on- both flavourful and just the right amount of heat, the rice was good, the naan was perfectly cooked.

I have read that they have opened a separate restaurant, so we're going to check that out next month. It's at 1040 East Flamingo.

The others I've tried -

Tamba on the strip - it was OK flavour-wise, but was let down by really cheap cuts of meat. Have also read that they failed a health inspection :nono:

India Palace on E. Twain Av. - Again this was OK, but not awesome. And the staff weren't very welcoming.

Cheers,

Justin

19. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a fan of thai food, i couldn't give an honest opinion of vegas thai establishments ( haven't tried one yet, but plan on it next trip), but from everything i've heard, LOS seems to be among the best in the country.

When the gaylord india restaurant was in the Rio, i dined for lunch one day and found it to be excellent. Unfortunately it is no longer there.

20. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    India Masala at the Riviera is spot on! They got the curry right and not at all greasy like few of the places I have eaten. Reminds me of the home cooking during my family gatherings. Highly recommend! Reasonable prices too. Definitely I will drop by again.

Tamba Indian Cuisine and Lounge is also good. Nice good portions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.