1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In Vegas right before Christmas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by armybrat, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our oldest son has booked a two night Vegas trip for the Sunday & Monday before Christmas - returning home Christmas Eve.

He is making good on his promise to take our twin grandkids to Vegas to celebrate their 21st birthday. He booked a Wraparound suite at the Cosmopolitan with an adjoining room for his family at some very good rates (he has played a lot of Blackjack there).

They asked if we wanted to go out with them too, so naturally I said yes - as we haven't been there since May, 2011.

Just finished booking a Terrace Studio suite at the Cosmo (geezer rates) for that Saturday, Sunday, & Monday, and also the SWA flights.

We'll arrive there at 5:25PM on Saturday, then depart Christmas Eve at 5:55PM.

We've been out there in early December a handful of times, but never that close to Christmas.

What is it like the few days before Christmas Eve?

I imagine a lot of the shows will be dark, but how are the crowds?

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The couple weeks leading up to Christmas are probably the least busy of the entire year. It's less crowded than usual, and you're right about some shows being dark, but it's a favorite time to go for many folks, including us. We usually go in mid-December and flew home on Christmas day last year. Maybe it's my imagination, but everything seems a bit less hurried and friendlier.

3. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will agree with everything turtleman said! I still think the week before Christmas trip I took was the best for service I have ever had in Vegas.

4. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go every year the week before xmas. One of my favorite weeks to be there each year.

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went right before Christmas and left on the 26th last year. It was a little quiet but not depressingly dead. On Christmas Eve I saw a ton of people on the buffet line at Caesars, but I think it was still big news then. During the day the buffet line at Wynn was absurd. But nobody was at Society Cafe. I went to downtown and that was dead.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  6. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like everyone said, definitely less crowded.

It is different. Less of a buzz.

The weather of course is not as good and the pools aren't open.

Overall, it is not as fun as other times of year.

7. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive Been to vegas before and after xmas.

a vegas crowd is a vegas crowd. I honestly have never seen a difference . A weekday crowd is definitely smaller then a weekend crowd but week in and week out its the same ... atleast when i go.

Its gonna be freezing thats for sure. Xmas decorations all over the place its a nice strip walk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.