1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In Need Of Furnished Studio/apartment (8 Mos)

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by JeanKulis, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanKulis

JeanKulis Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to be on here!!! My 22 year old daughter found out about a month ago she was accepted into the UNLV Dietetics Program. She will be doing her internship somewhere within the Las Vegas area (won't know exactly where until it gets closer to July) from July 1st to the middle of February 2017. Looking for a furnished studio/apartment somewhere between the cost of $550-$800 a month. We have been frequent visitors for years and she is quite familiar with the Vegas area. Any suggestions of WHERE TO and WHERE NOT to look are appreciated.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has she given any thoughts to staying in a room on campus? I've known of out-of-state students doing summer internships in our building to live at a nearby university.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Until you know WHERE she will be working, I am thinking it would be difficult to locate something. I surely would not want to be driving all the way across time at least twice a day to get to work. Maybe they can narrow down the possibilities for her to help you start looking. Also, have her check with the HR department. Sometimes they have arrangements for shorter term leases.

4. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Locating a furnished apartment in that price range will be difficult, especially in the more desirable areas. You may want to consider renting a private room in someone's home via Airbnb and the like. Roommates aren't ideal, but it will put her in a better quality place and likely safer location. Rents have gone up a bunch in the last year and they continue to climb. It's tough to find unfurnished under $800 now.

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure you will be able to find a furnished short term lease for that price. You would probably be looking at closer to 1200-1500 plus utilities in a safe neighborhood.

6. JeanKulis

JeanKulis Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While everyone is basically saying the same thing, we have thought and checked in to almost all of these options. Unfortunately, UNLV, to date, has not offered her any ideas/options, which I find odd. I'm not expecting them to take her by the hand and do it for her, but a little insight in the right direction would be nice. I am trying not to be a helicopter mom (lol), but I want to pick up the phone and call the university and get some answers. She is 1 of 12 people in the program and she is the only out of state person. Everyone else is a Nevada (Las Vegas) resident. I know its only 7 months, but sending your only child 2,200 miles across country has me wanting to know who, what, when and where!!!!!! She's an "adult" and has a good head on her shoulder so it's not her that I'm so worried about. I have a few connections in Vegas so I am looking into just securing a place for a few weeks to a month instead of trying to cram all of this into 4 weeks. I really appreciate everyone's input and thoughts.

7. JeanKulis

JeanKulis Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know --- thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.