1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In N Out Burger

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by EricLee1, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww, no fun in just naming him!

Hint - his restaurant(s) are at the extreme opposite end of In and Out with his tasting menu being one of the most expensive in Vegas at something like $450 a person.

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Robuchon

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That does look an awful lot like Joel Robuchon...

4. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even Robuchon needs a change of pace. It doesn't mean they're great. They're good, but to me, it's overrated. My sister lives in Vegas and has been buying them for me for years. I finally asked why she keeps buying these greasy fast food burgers. The answer was, I thought you loved them. Wrong. Everyone from out of town likes them. I told her, we are from Chicago. We have more fast food hotdog, burger and beef restaurants than almost anywhere, along with a ton of pub grub burgers that In and Out can't compare with. Fast food burgers are all the same. I worked construction for 30 years and ate fast food burgers a few days a week. I do like them, but to rave about these like people do, I don't understand. Good, but not great. Everyone has their own taste, so if you like them, enjoy. I just won't go out of my way for them.

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smashburger > In N Out :)

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

10000000% agree!!! Went to in-n-out once and it tasted fine but nothing I'm amped to return to. I can eat a 9-course meal and if afterwards you asked if I wanted to hit a Smashburger I'd be in.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Native Californian here. I've had a few double-doubles over the years.

It's an amazingly successful company and for fast food they do a commendable job. (I had a little bit of a road trip this past week, pulled off the interstate and hit a McDs, and it was in a word, shit. No other way to say it.)

I'm all for trying regional goodies, even if of the "fast" variant, as it certainly beats Denny's or some other truly ubiquitous and mediocre chain. I don't think anyone will find the experience life-altering and not making the stop won't put a buzz-kill on vacation. But I think it is one example of how something can be done across many outlets, prepared in a short period of time, and have it turn out just fine. Get a shake.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW!!! I gotta get out more... even after you guys told me the name, I had to go on Wikipedia. I had no clue... I know... not the first time! :peace:

9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who lives around the corner from many an In-N-Out, I don't see the value of making it a destination or target on a Vegas trip, but maybe ya'll don't have decent burgs where you live. That being said, they are good, fresh, and probably the best drive through burg that you can grab (which excludes 5 guys, etc, that are more sit down "gourmet" joints.

Considering the popularity, I'm kind of surprised that they have not opened a mid strip location that would exponentially increase their popularity with visitors. Their menu is simple and fresh and always good, but limited as far as what is advertised. Here is a link that sort of explains the "secret" menu, which is basically the ingredients that they already use (and a few extras) that you can use to design your own burger, fries and shakes:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/03/the-in-n-out-survival-guide-we-ate-every-single-item-on-the-secret-menu.html

MH

10. tweak1130

tweak1130 Guest

in and out

Where are these burger joints located?

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried in n out for first time on thursday july 11th.

had the hamburger and it was good but not worth the raves some give it but that`s just my opinion.

I enjoy karl`s jr or even a whopper at burger king as much.

was going to try burgr by gordon ramsey at Planet Hollywood but wasn`t hungry enough to pay $15+ for a burger.

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Therein lies the difference .. Survivor. A couple of bucks compared with 15$ to start LOL!! Plus in my case I cant get them unlessI go out west so maybe that makes them better/ But there isn't Carl's in CT land either but they didn't do it for me as much as IN N OUT did.

13. Clarkson7

Clarkson7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The In N Out burger discussion reminds me that many people like what they do not have. For example, several years ago people from my home state would go to Colorado to bring back cases of Coors beer (was not available in home state). After it was available in that state, many of them didn't even buy it again when it was right in the downtown beer joint.:beer:

14. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the Coors conversation, it DOES taste different here in the east than it does in the West. Its MUCH better out there. They are probably getting it from the headquarters out in LV and here in CT land they are getting it from a regional distributor. I am talking about REGULAR Coors not light ( don't really care for the light). But back to the IN N OUT conversation if it were I ASSURE YOU that myself and a GOOD portion of the people that have them in various states would be regulars. I would be a BIG TIME regular. ( as an aside for fast food chains it seems that are more chains out west than in the northeast here....but then again I am not really looking for them).

15. Maqaiti

Maqaiti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jöel Robuchon!!!! If you don't know who that is, google him! Ate at L'Atelier in Paris for our anniversary back in April. I wonder if the Vegas one is just as good.

16. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clarkson, didn't they make a movie about that in the 1970's? :beer:

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing it's fast food haha. Well, I mean I live in CA, we have them here. Yes, it's better than say McDonalds, tastes fresh, but it's still fast food, and we treat it that way. I've never taken a visitor there that was like WOW That's the best thing I've ever eaten. Or anything like that.. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. But if you are driving around and you see one, great.

18. jasonkm1

jasonkm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love In and Out mostly because of the price - around $5 for a combo meal. I'm from Hawaii where everything is so damn expensive. Getting an equivalent combo from Teddy's Bigger Burgers over here would cost over $9.

19. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the burger was pretty good but the fries were disappointing. The burger was much better than McDonald's but not as good as a Whataburger.
    Mark

20. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fries were also a downer for me. But liked the burger without the sauce better than Whataburger, so I do go out of my way for it. different strokes for different folks.:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.