1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Imperial Palace to McCarran Airport?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by georgewalskin, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm leaving tomorrow night after 3 weeks and it has been a very bad trip for me in terms of gambling. When i first arrived to IP, i took the shuttle. I only bought a one way ticket instead of roundtrip unlike my previous trip to vegas last year.

I checked google maps and it seems i could take the bus to the airport? It shows taking the bus at Caesars and then getting off after 3 stops and then taking the WAX bus. Has anyone done this? I do have the 30 day bus pass. My flight is at night.

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, you would NOT catch the bus (# 202) at Caesars, but rather on the south side of Flamingo Rd., in front of Bally's. Take that bus down Flamingo to the west side of Paradise, in front of Terrible's. Walk back to the east side of Paradise, and catch the south-bound bus, which will take you directly to the lower level of the airport.

Hope all that makes sense ....

3. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it possible for me to take a shuttle bus from IP or anywhere on the strip to Mccarran airport? Someone said i can do this but I thought you had to buy a roundtrip ticket first when you arrived in vegas? Because if i can do this, i certainly would take the shuttle.

I'm leaving IP tomorrow morning. But would i be able to take a shuttle to mccarran airport? If so, where do i buy the one way ticket?

4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes ... there are shuttles (various companies) that make the rounds to the assorted hotels to pick up passengers ... but you need to call ahead of time, and reserve a pick-up. Ask the bell captain at IP which shuttle is best to call ... he probably has the number. Be sure you call the day before to reserve a pick-up, and allow plenty of time for the pick up and travel time to the airport ... since those shuttles are often late, and might have to go to a couple more hotels after you get picked up. It's not an exact science.

And you just pay the driver when you get picked up.

5. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But give yourself plenty of time. Those shuttles have a reputation for being late and taking long.

When I left Harrah's last trip, I had to check out much earlier than my flight would depart. I rolled my luggage down to the 202 stop mentioned along side Bally's, rode up to Terribles, rolled my luggage right into their small and very basic buffet, asked for a table where I could see my luggage, had a leisurely lunch, played off a matchplay on my way out, luggage and all, and then crossed the street to take the 108 into the airport.
    That was all free.

Better than free as I remember, I won the matchplay.

You have paid $65 for a thirty day pass. Why not use it?

6. Steven Seagal

Steven Seagal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk to the Palazzo, and you can pay for a one way ticket (about $8) to the airport right there at the valet counter in front of the property. They come pretty frequently, but still give your self plenty of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.