1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Im the idiot who needs help with car rentals lol

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by slamminchic_25, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slamminchic_25

slamminchic_25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im in vegas from may 11 to 16th, originally i wanted to just rent a car from the 12th to 14 to take a day trip to cali but then got figuring with taking buses and taxis everywhere like if we wanted to go to freemont st or the outlet malls or find a grocery store since were staying in a hotel with a kitchen and plus the shuttle fee to and from the hotel i figured it add up to the same amount anyways. i want to find a car, a small one that wont use alot of gas for around 100 dollars but everything i see charges that plus an extra 60-80 dollars in fees. what are your suggestions? plus what do they charge deposit wise. my card only has a $500 limit and im sure the hotel will be charging $150 of that, am i out of luck??

2. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a Costco membership book through their website. I got a car last summer and again last weekend for $20/day with all the taxes and fees included in that.

3. slamminchic_25

slamminchic_25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sadly i do not have one sorry

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even still, keep checking back often, the prices seem to fluctuate all over the place.

I get mine through Alamo, don't have a credit card and they're the only one that will take a debit card as long as you show them a return flight number. I pay the whole thing right there, no extra deposit or anything. They have kiosks now that if you've already reserved a car you don't even have to wait in line.

5. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

I would also recommend Alamo for good rates, and especially sign up for Alamo Insider (gives you an extra 10% off). I just ran the rates for your dates signed in to my insider account and the deal finder (that added an extra $10 off per week) and the total with all fees for a compact (Nissan Versa or similiar) comes to $121.56.

6. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did a quick search for you on Priceline.. $192 total for $25 a day from Budget for economy.. Hotwire and I believe priceline have price alerts where they email you good deals.. Hotwire has a page here http://www.hotwire.com/deals/car-deals.jsp where you can check for daily deals. I think the prices you mentioned are from the car rental agency ? If you go with the travel sites you will get a better rate but you have to pay up front..

7. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other note, my car last week I had booked through costco for 4 days $80.78 for a full size. I originally had a mid size booked direct through Alamo for $110. but saw the costco deal and canceled it.

We get to the Kiosk and it says my $80.78 reservation is now $78. Not sure why but I clicked "yes, I accept this change" LOL.

I would book direct rather than a travel site, gives you more opportunity to shop for deals and cancel when you see a good deal. Travel sites like priceline get you locked in.

BTW, our car was a 2013 Nissan Altima with 1500 miles on it. We have a 2005 Altima with 100,000 miles so it was nice to see the changes they've made LOL

8. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

I have a car booked through Alamo for $100 total for May 10-15th. The prices just went down as I rebooked yesterday from my previous price of $164. This is for a full size car. I used coupon code AD2338FDF for $30 off. And ID #7015950 for 25% off (it's an entertainment book code). You don't need to have a physical coupon for the code-I got it from carrentalsavers.com .

Try those and see what you come up with-hopefully the rates are still low.

Tracey

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 11 for 4 days (returning the car on May 15) from Advantage is $65.45 for a Corrola all-in, using the code DC31133.

Unfortunatley, the extra day to return the car on May 16 moves it from a daily rate to a weekly rate and an all-in cost of $119.85.

I took one last look at Advantage from May 12-16, and that was back to $65.45

I also checked Dollar, just for giggles, and found the same jacked up extra day.

Looks like your best rate is based on a 4-day rental.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  10. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. slamminchic_25

slamminchic_25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys, I was just trying to avoid the cab or shuttle fee from airport to hotel and vice versa. Not sure what ima do yet but I'm thankful for the help

12. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I believe that you are supposed to be using a VISA card, when you use that AD2338FDF code.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.