1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Im ready to book!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Chrisnewton, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

I started a thread probably the wrong part of the forum about booking las vegas for next year. So i am starting a new one and hopefully this is in the right place !! :licklips:

Basically i am looking to book Las vegas MGM for next year, August 17th for 7 nights. I did not think i could book this early as my wife's workplace could not guarantee her holidays but we have now go the go ahead :beer:

We are based in the UK and this is what i have found out so far:

To book a package Holiday with Virgin the total cost is £2565 while a package holiday with Thomas cook is £2357.

The cost of flight only with Thomas cook is £1409, so i then went on the MGM website through Mlife and it said that all the hotels were sold out for the dates i asked for, however if i went just through the MGM website the rooms were available? anyways the cost of the room with resort fees is £634 so making the total if i was to book separately £2043.

So i am edging towards booking separately and in the other thread there was a bit of discussion about the price of flights. Should i hold on to see if the price drops? things is i am a worrier and dont want that plane to sell out!

Also should i book my room now or is that likely to get cheaper through Mlife?

Thanks for any help on this.

Chris

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM (along with most hotels on the strip) is pretty liberal with their cancellation policy (if you book through them directly). If you book now you can always ask them to update your reservation to a newer, better rate/promotion, or you can just cancel and rebook quite easily either by calling or email.

3. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you not lose your deposit if you did that??

4. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would only lose your deposit if you were to cancel after the cancellation period is up. MGM has a 72 hour cancellation policy I believe.

40th Birthday Bash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.