1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Im looking for a physical address :)

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by user3657, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where to start with this. Im interested in getting a local NV ID. After researching this, it provides some perks mainly free addmission into clubs(40-50$) and some local discounts. I think in 2012 I made about 7 trips :) This would be worth wild for me to get.

The requirement to apply for a NV local ID is having an address in NV. If anyone is willing to help please let me know and we can work out a fee for this. I was thinking 75$ is fair.

We dont have to meet, I would also pay for shipping to ship the ID to my NJ address.

Unless maybe, anyone have any other ideas on getting a NV ID?

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this a few years ago. Got a post office box that has a specific address (think Pony Express, etc). Good luck at the DMV. I spent the better part of 2 days. I wont do it again unless I am in town a week.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the have those local deals because some people actually live in that town. They most likely dont live their for the discounts and coupons.

Sometimes you have to just let it go.

There are plenty of discount deals online for everyone to use.

4. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like a bad idea to try and get a NV drivers license .... if you are caught with 2 state ids/drivers licenses, it could be big trouble .... some states even swap info and they could cancel your current state id/drivers license .... if they do, it's a real mess to get straightened out! Better be sure that NJ and NV don't do that .... and that NV isn't going to require you to "turn in" your current driver's license when you apply for a NV license.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I applied for my NV driver's license, I had to physically turn in my WI license.

Before we moved back to WI, I applied for a replacement NV license, so I had two. I surrendered one in WI, but retained the duplicate for the local discounts. It didn't really amount to much, I think my biggest "bargain" was ~$6 off at the Mob Museum.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the term for something like this... fraud?

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some might call it fraud, some might call it taking advantage of a loophole. LVA did a piece on it in 2009. Specifically told snowbirds and visitors how to obtain NV identification for the purpose of discounts. It is called a Seasonal Resident ID Card, and is not the same thing as a drivers license, although you get them at the same place. Some people go a lot farther than that to obtain discounts. To me it is not worth the trouble, but if you are in Vegas for extended periods of time, several times a year, it might be.

8. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no guys, this is legal. NV allows you to have an ID card and hold a license in another state as the post above states.

9. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    real simple get a po box but not from the post office ,make sure it says suite what ever and your fine. just so you know you can do it in the flamngo theres a usps and they have boxes ,then take the bus down flamingo to the dmv and get your id.no questions asked ,you will get a tempory then they will mail you the permenant one.

pssss.as clink said i know nothing , i know nothing:poke:

10. justvisiting

justvisiting Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that was Sgt. Schultz.

11. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you arer correct ,but i still no nothing:nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.