1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm back for more

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by allustoms, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allustoms

allustoms Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First trip to Vegas was a complete disappointment. Heard so much about how fun the strip is only to find it impossible to figure out where to go and getting there harder with the crowds. Had the worst luck with food - the best meal the whole week was TGI Fridays in the airport during our homeward layover.

When I had to return to Vegas for business convention a year later I did some more research and found this board.

Thanks to all the information I got from everyone here, the last trip was a success.

I called it my non-Vegas Vegas trip. My husband and I are not gamblers, are big shoppers (yes HE is, not He is forced to), enjoy interesting scenery and like good food. We stayed at Green Valley Ranch, rented a car, drove out to Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire, and shopped our hearts out, and ate fabulous food everyday. Oh yea, there was some limited time put in at the convention too.

I think it was a sign when the Groupon for GVR landed in my email last week. I looked at it out of couriosity and deleted it. All week I couldn't get it out of my head though, I have no will power (that's why I don't gamble) and bought it.

So Sept 29 I'll be back for another week of doing Vegas, non Vegas style.

:wave:

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Like you, our 1st trip was confusing....had not found this board also and had no idea what we were doing. BUT, it only made us want to go back to LV armed with a little experience and tips from vets....Now we don't want to go anywhere else. Hope you have a really fun trip :)

3. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Good for you allustoms! Welcome aboard and good luck on the trip. :thumbsup:

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We find that asking anyone for any information or directions while in Vegas is useless. You need to plan ahead and be prepared beforehand. You will a lot of good information on the board and much more than you will obtain while in Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.