1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

If your taking a cab

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mikeinct, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeinct

mikeinct Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just wondering if your taking a cab why not take the shuttle to the rent a car center and take a cab from there.I always rent a car but when i get to the rent a car center there is always a line of cabs waiting.

2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because I've never waited more than 5 minutes or so outside of baggage claim so it'd be a waste time to wait on the shuttle then get a cab...

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just sounds like a waste of time...

Even when the taxi line up is really long it still moves quite fast because they have so many staging areas for taxis that even if there are a few slow pokes they can't hold up the line for everybody else.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well he's got a point. If you were staying at Silverton, Southpoint or M you'd save yourself some money wouldn't you? It'd be only a couple bucks probably but that's still a couple bucks.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time is money (for me anyway). Cab line is always quick at LAS.

6. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you avoid the airport surcharge this way? :p

7. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "You're." It matters. One means "your taking of a cab" which could mean anything. The other means "if you are taking a cab." It matters.

8. franknic

franknic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone said they never waited more than 5 minutes outside baggage claim. Based on recent trips past 2 yrs or so, that's true even to point of no wait at all but some yrs back I was in the rat maze (what a (*@&(@&(@ line it was), for 30 mintes +/-......kinda painful. This happened couple of occasions. Don't recall my arrival date or time but damn that was a line....

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longest I've ever waited is maybe 15 minutes. Compare that to the shitshow outside LaGuardia on the way back, and it's a total breeze. Worst case, break out the flask! :beer:

10. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good question. Does the rental car center have cabs waiting around as well? Maybe have Uber pick you up there to avoid the hassle if the driver gets caught at the airport, probably much less of a chance

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One year in mid August we waited about 45 minutes in over 100 degrees to get a cab. AND when we finally got in the cab I asked the driver to please turn on the A/C......his reply, "it doesn't work".....Grrrrrrrr.

I would "bet" that you would avoid the airport fee because the car rental location is not at the airport.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you could save a few bucks.

But, you have to pay me to ride that damn bus. In fact, that has lots to do with NOT renting a car in Vegas.

I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.