1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

If you did NOT get a 1099MISC on your Total Escape Trip Win.....

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jgates8, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you need a copy of a W2G , you will need to submit your request in writing and mail or fax it to the property you won the Jackpot at.

The request must include the following information
    Property Requesting W2G for
    Name
    DOB
    Social
    Year and Date requesting
    Total Rewards Account Number
    Mail or Fax request to:
    HAC COMPLIANCE
    777 HARRAHS BLVD
    ATLANTIC CITY, NJ 08401
    FAX: (609)236-6630
    Once again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We truly appreciate your business and hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah's Resort Atlantic City in the future.

I asked them to clarify if I would send to this fax for the Total Escape Trip win (in a reply) and they said yes. We will see if I finally get one or not!!!

2. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still haven't received mine.

Has anyone?

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing here either!
    Won the $100 Leisure category, which made me send in a notarized winnings claim form, and we were told in return that we would get a W2-G or similar.

Never got anything yet, did my taxes on Sunday............so I'm not gonna worry about my measly winnings. But you guys with the big wins should be concerned.

4. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a 7 star package ($3500 value) but it doesn't take effect until this year. That is why I was assuming they didn't send me a 1099. I just filed yesterday too so this really sucks. Hopefully I can figure out a way to file for next year.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Despite my request I still didn't receive anything. Course no mail today. We will see - I'm giving it a couple more days then I may just round it down to $1000 instead of their $1500 & add it onto my taxes lol.

6. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they aren't sending you a W2-G maybe they didn't send one to the IRS.

Worst case you file your taxes and get a proposed adjustment for the mismatched W-2G, then accept the proposed adjustment.

It's not that big a deal.

7. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe whoever read your email and sent the form letter was not addressing (or inocrrectly addressing) your specific question regarding the Total Escape trip prize.

You are issued a W-2G for a gambling win, not for winning one or more Total Escape prizes ($, trips or anything else). The proper tax form for a contest prize is a 1099-Misc and they are typically issued if a prize was $600 +, though they can (but usually do not) issue a 1099 for amounts won under $600.

I would contact the company managing the contest (located in Michigan) if you would like to verify whether one was (or will be issued) issued. I'm interested in the answer as I also won a trip prize.

By law, the 1099s should have been mailed to prize winners on or before January 31. Copies of 1099s must be sent by this company to the IRS by February 28 (assuming they are issued). The company took your SSN and address, and should have issued the 1099-misc by now if they planned on doing so.

If you file your taxes and receive the 1099 after the fact, you can file a 1040-X to add (or adjust) the amount.

8. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent an email request to the Michigan company (ePrize Customer Service) and will post an update of any response (promised in the auto reply within 3 business days).

I asked for confirmation of whether they issued a 1099-Misc for my prizes and if so the amount (and also requested they mail another copy since I never received one). They are due to the IRS by Feb 28. (They were due to us, if issued, postmarked no later than Jan 31).

The email address I sent my request to is [email protected], the same email address I sent other emails during the contest period.

9. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also sent a similar email yesterday evening and will post my reply if/when I receive one.

10. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Email I received this morning:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have reached out to the sponsor on your behalf. Thank you for your patience!

Best,
    Brittany
    ePrize Customer Service

11. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone received an update? The company is legally obligated to send a 1099 form to prize recipients by January 31, 2013.

I spoke with someone at CET corporate and hopefully I'll get an answer from e prize or CET corporate before the end of next week. CET corporate was helpful resolving issues during the game.

Has anyone received a 1099 or a response indicating a 1099 was not issued on their behalf for any trips or other large prizes ($600 +)?

12. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a trip, and gotten nothing. But then again, it was explained in the winners letter how they were going to report it to the IRS. Still, nothing official.

13. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today I received a response from ePrize indicating I should contact Caesars.

I received a callback from the person in charge of handling this issue at Harrah's Corporate LV office. He said they just received and will begin processing the tax forms. He also said they are not sending the 1099s to the IRS until March 31.

He also said people will not be issued a 1099 (nor will the amount be included in the 1099) for any total rewards points issued (worth $100, $50, $25, etc.) or for the Macy's gift card. These amounts will not be added to any prize which does warrant a 1099.

The bottom line is if you won a trip with flight worth over $600, you'll likely be subject to tax and issued a 1099. For all US residents who won (I hope Habsfan is exempt in Canada), if you already filed and did not include your prize value, you can file a 1040X to amend your return.

The IRS does check 1099s and W2s to the return filed under your SSN, and will eventually send you a notice later this year if they attempt to match and note nothing entered for the prize (1040 Line 21 - Other Income). The taxable amount will appear on Line 3 of the 1099-misc issued.

If you have reported based on the FMV, keep the documents used to determine FMV, and you can support your amount if different from the amount issued on the 1099.

The person I spoke to said he would contact the travel agency to find out what they paid for trip. I know the flight cost. Not sure what value they will assign the room. I searched for the same room the day I booked and printed the quote. I'll report back when I hear back from Harrah's next week.

14. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a $3500 package and nothing still.

15. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received one for mine about two weeks ago.

16. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a email back from CET with a attached 1099 misc. It was listed at the $1500 it said it would be in the rules. I was a little worried since our flight were $700 each plus 2 weekend nights and 2 concert tickets could have bumped it up to over $2k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.