1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

If only i could make it work :(

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are very low rollers. We went to vegas with 600$ each for 8 nights and i spent 150 on my cc and came home with 50$ so i spent 700 in total.

My husband spent more than i did in slots. We stayed at GC for 3 nights, he probably only spent $100 total but we just got fall offer for 2 nights free for him & 24 a night for me for weekdays! I was kind of floored that he got 2 nights. I know it is GC and much cheaper than a lot of places but when we went in April the night i paid for was at a premium everywhere in vegas so i paid like 70 + tax. We also liked the GC, cheap meal at the buffet and i loved the pool area, it was so relaxing with no kids.

My husband was a been there done that kind of guy when we got back where as i been dreaming about going back ever since but figured it would have to be in 5 years when i turned 40. I mentioned these offers to him and he would actually go if we had the funds! If we really squeezed between now & then we could go but i don't know if he would let me squeeze that much just to go.

Flights are very expensive from here but with this being able to used September 1-October 31st i took a look at allegiant out of grand forks and it was 610 for both all in plus baggage. We would only need 1 bag plus my medical equipment and 1 carry on for breakables so that would be like $40 each way. 690 is still 200 cheaper than flying from wpg, when you add up the 48 parking fee at the airport and gas (which is also much cheaper in the states) it still works out to at least 100 savings overall minimum, and that is if they had that flight, most were over 1000.

Now i am going to dream about this and wish i could make it a reality. If our roof was fixed already then i know i could (it will be done in july but that is an expense that needs to be taken into account). If only there were more jobs here i would get another serving one just to make it reality lol. Since we have been there already 5 nights would be perfect!

What is the weather like in October, would be October 6-11 if i could swing it. Is that still pool season kind of like april?

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a credit card that you can use and charge all activity to that one card.
    The key being that the credit card is one you could use to help pay the airfare.

Some credit cards have two free tickets for new members.

We do this with a SW card. Our trips are usually $800-$1100, but our next two trips will only be about $400 total each.

I also suggest having your husband get an extra players card and both of you use his card.
    This help in not only getting extra days but also getting your food comped as well.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy cow, how in the hell did you manage to only spend $700 in 8 days??

Oct is my second favorite time of the year to go. Not to hot and not to cold.

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He just got an airmiles card which gave 400 free airmiles when he signed up but while we have enough for 1 free flight we are purchasing a ticket for my mom to come here for my 35th birthday in september.

We can't get a lot of those cards because we are canadian and he only wants one card, airmiles does us good here in canada.

Either way we still need to come up with about $1000 to go, which can be done, but not easy in that short time with the roof needing fixed.

If we do make it work the 2 card idea is good! thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.