1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ideas for things too do.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ScttLee, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScttLee

ScttLee Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard question to answer. Looking for solo ideas on activities and good shows. I've been there several times. Will be there last five days of January to (more or less) relax. Looking to walk the strip at night, shark tank at Mandalay Bay, Dolphin at Mirage, and maybe the Atomic Museum (if worth it). Ideas do not have to be on the strip.

Is Fremont street worth a visit, and is the zip line fun?

I don't like most comedy, but do like drinking and listening to music (opera to 1980' music), museums, and fine arts performances. So maybe old time lounge music shows.

Any ideas would be welcome.

2. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your right it is a hard question to answer what someone else may like.

As for Fremont I enjoy it, but I understand it is not for everyone. I would check to make sure the zip line is open as there is construction of a new zip line going on and the original zip line is supposed to close at some point.

If you want a touch of classic Vegas while on Fremont, try Binions Steakhouse, if not for a meal maybe a drink and a appetizer. The view is quite nice. Take a look at the pool at Golden Nugget with the shark tank. Also in the evening there are bands playing on Fremont Street, bound to be some 80's music.

Good luck and traveling solo is fairly easy in Vegas as I have done it a few times.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freemont is not for everyone but everyone should try it for at least one night

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the atomic museum. There's also some UFO stuff in it which is cheesy but fun.

Go to the Neon Boneyard. I did the day and night tours, both are great but I preferred the night tour. You can go to Fremont Street right after that since you're not too far.

I'm also a big fan of relaxing with a cocktail. Go to the Lake of Dreams at Wynn. In the day it's just peaceful and relaxing. At night it's like you're in a different place. It may be a little cool in January but just wear a jacket.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  5. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont > strip solo in my opinion.

6. RDO248

RDO248 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudos as well for the atomic museum..well laid out with many interactive and informative displays. Great way to spend a few hours. The area 51/UFO display was neat if not a bit corny.

The National Geographic display at the Venetian of the 50 greatest photographs is well worth seeing and has a reasonable cover charge.

Attached Files:

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, well on my solo trips I always drive. I went to the Neon Museum (highly recommended if weather permits), the scenic Red Rock Canyon drive is awesome, I like to kind of go an adventure because I can, and there is nobody to argue with me. Haha.

I liked seeing shows alone that was great (I saw Boyz II Men, Taylor Hicks, Penn & Teller)... Oh maybe you'd enjoy Raiding the Rock Vault at LVH? My dad loved it, he likes music from the older days. I did the Titanic exhibit, I would do Shark Reef or Secret Garden. I like to go to the movies at Southpoint or Town Square (I know boring, but 5 days, alone, you'll have time.)

I don't know if you would enjoy this, but I always like to stop at LUSH and grab some bath bombs and take advantage of the nice tubs in Vegas (don't have one at home).

For food, sit at the bar at any place.. I did it at Burgr and that was great.

I have zero interest in downtown, it doesn't appeal to me, but I know ALOT of people LOVE it.

8. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll endorse the Atomic Testing Museum and the Neon Boneyard as good places to go, and also add in the Mob Museum downtown.

By January the Downtown Grand should be open so the whole area around the Mob Museum should be lively.

9. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there,
    IMO Vegas solo is the way to go. Like heatherloves said you can do your own thing without any argument from anyone plus making time for youself is so important.

I went solo this past Jan I booked a tour to Valley of Fire and it was fantastic, saw Absinthe( which I thought was great but may not be for everyone) and saw Divas which was done very well. Of course I squeezed in a little spa time:)

I really do like Fremont but again like vegasqc said it's not for everyone but you should go at least once! Not sure Slotzilla is open yet should be a sight once it is.

I have a solo trip coming up in 23 days( but who's counting) it is a quick one but so far I have Neon Boneyard booked, as well as CdS Michael Jackson one, and I am planning to visit Pinball Hall of Fame.

No matter what you do you're bound to have a great time Vegas = fun! Enjoy!

In the planning phase.
  10. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out what performances are at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts while you are there. It's a gorgeous venue, downtown, and they get some really interesting shows. Ticket prices are quite reasonable.

Also, +1 for the Atomic Museum!

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OH that one hurt Bon jovi, def leppard, bryan adams, van halen refered to as music from the older days

I am getting old

12. sjritt00

sjritt00 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be too hard on yourself vegasqc - there's a lot of us who think of those acts as the 'kids music'!

We're really looking forward to visiting the Mob Museum when we get to town next week.

13. ScttLee

ScttLee Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.