1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I would like to re-introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ritilinkid, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am "The Kid"
    I have been a board member since '04, I think. Back in the days when Hurricane Mikey was enrapturing us with his prose.
    My first trip was in '91, with my now ex and infant son. Stayed at the Fitz. We had no idea how to do Vegas. Ex hit $200 on a dime slot. She only put one coin in, again we had no clue.
    A couple of years later and now single (hence the now Ex) went a couple of times with the guys. Still had no idea how to do Vegas. I was stationed 'bout 4 hrs. south and a few Friday afternoons began with a few beers, a few beers, a few more beers then someone (most likely me) would say "Vegas"!! Off to find the non-drinker to drive us to the Mecca. Still had no idea how to do Vegas. Bankroll $100, reservations none. Do remember sleeping in the car in the parking garage more than once. Remember being there when they were still installing the glass on the Luxor and just happened to be there when the famous line of armored cars pulled in to open the MGM.

Fast forward a few years, new wife and I worked a combined 5 jobs to be able to afford a honeymoon to Vegas. Stayed at the Fitz. Still no idea.
    Found the T2V gang and next the visit got better. Didn't lose nearly as much and stayed at a better hotel (Orleans) and got some comps. Since have stayed at the Plaza (oops), Sam's Town (ok), and the South Point.

Now we are annual visitors with RFB at the South Point, refuse to play any game that does not have the "proper odds", have learned how to tip for the best service. The trophy wife is also a Vegas junkie and loves the shopping, she has satellite photos of the outlet malls !!!

I cannot possibly praise this "board" enough. The members are truly very nice people, the info, money saving and the camaraderie priceless.

Showing my sleeves, a double clap and "Good Luck" to all. BTW, the "infant son" is now 24, married and has followed me into the honor of serving our country.

The Kid

2. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Hey, I remember you! Welcome back. A lot of changes for you and for Vegas. Nice you found your way back to the board. Good luck on the trip and have a great time. :thumbsup:

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back!!

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back. Good luck at South Point!

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  5. bull1029

bull1029 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back. It IS fun to think back about how uninitiated we once were. I guess I should be glad I didn't reside four hours from Vegas. My youth would have been much, much different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.