1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I wonder what the MM minimums will be this year...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by callmegeorge, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callmegeorge

callmegeorge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean, really, who isn't going for MM? Every thread I open has that fancy countdown timer thing stationed for MM!

I wonder the minimums this trip. I did go for MM in 2013, and I really thought they spiked up quickly- plenty of $10/$15 6-5 BJ on Wed/Thur night, and then purely $25 Fri/Sat night, for BJ/Craps/Rou, etc.

I just wondered if anything has changed. I'm really looking forward to trying O'sheas and Margaritaville as i'm lodging at the Flaming.

I'm really excited though. Anyone else hoping to find some of the minimums much more reasonable this trip (apart from Sat night, cause let's face it, everything is $25 past 10PM).

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not going. Definitely because of the cost (~$430 rt right now; had $220 rt last month). Wish I could though because March Madness is always over my birthday! :(

And $25 6:5 BJ just sounds awful.

3. jtburke11

jtburke11 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going out for MM and for the first time I have a room downtown at The D. Played there last year during MM one night and have been getting free room offers ever since. I have a room at Harrah's too but if table mins are too high I will spend more time downtown.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actaully glad Im missing all of it.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The initial weekend of march madness is probably the third busiest of the year in LV. Table mins will be high, it will be crowded everywhere--and I won't be there. Been there, done that.

6. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We figured it out last year.....
    Gamble in the morning and get grandfathered in ($5 Pai Gow ; $5 craps ; etc) drinking screwdrivers and fireball shots. Mmmmm
    All on the Strip!!!!

Watch the games from the afternoon on ( PHO Mancave lgrm on Fri) Bar hop the other days.

Sat & Sun hit downtown before and after the games and we still found $5 craps, BJ, and Pai Gow. Still wear my "D" downtown hoops town T-Shirt all the time.

7. reef33

reef33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been the last three years, certainly crowded, but it hasn't been that hard to find a reasonable table minimum. So much BBall that it keeps some of the heat off the tables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.