1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I think I have scored enough on MyVegas

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have an upcoming trip and decided to cash out my rewards. Iv been on the game, collecting daily bonus and the strip for about a year and a half plus playing at times for an hour or so give or take. When I decided to go last year I redeemed two nights at Mirage but due to some issues had to cancel that trip and I lost the 120k that I spent for those rooms.

So when I started to plan for this trip I had 260k in gold and here is what I have acquired for my June trip:
    1. Two bonus nights at Mandalay Bay
    2. One premium Zumanity ticket
    3. Four single ride Monorail passes (max permitted)
    4. Admission for two to Foundation Room (although it will be just me, hope they don't make it an issue).

When I add up everything on a $ basis, thats $600 give or take for everything. Not to bad. I remember when the rewards were better but I never had a trip to redeem them. Iv watched them devalue them over the last year but I won't complain about anything free.

Tentative Arrival
  2. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've cashed in twice since I've started playing and will be cashing in again very shortly. I do am going in June.....June 11 to be precise and we got 1 free night in MGM...we paid for 3 nights in an MGM Suite and I am sorta hopeful that with the $20 trick they might upgrade me the one night to the suite so that I don't have to change rooms, but if i do, it's ok. The rest of my rewards will be food based. My son and husband both play so we'll get a bunch of buffets. Like you, I've seen a lot of great rewards that are no longer available and some rewards are now only available during certain days etc. But like you--I'm not going to complain about "free". I don't want any of the show rewards because I want to see certain shows (Absinthe for one....saw it in November and loved it). Have a great time and enjoy your free rewards.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not even sure I will use the Foundation Room, but I can cancel when I get back and get refunded those rewards. I priced the room, one night was 250 and the next was 150 so that made it worth it. I priced the Zumanity ticket and it was 138. Last show I seen in Vegas was Bottoms Up at Flamingo in 2002 and before that it was Legends in Concert when I was a kid at IP.

Tentative Arrival
  4. neminem

neminem Tourist

Agreed. I've only done one trip so far, fairly recently - I redeemed all 3 rewards for 3 (bonus) nights at Mandalay Bay. I didn't check exactly how much that got us, but I'm sure it was at least a few hundred dollars (though if we hadn't gotten the free Mandalay Bay stay, we would've been at a much cheaper hotel, so it only saved us some money, while also significantly upgrading our stay. Mandalay Bay is nice.) Then I got my wife to play enough to get us a free drink (13 bucks), 10 bucks in freeplay (10 bucks, obviously), and a 2fer to Zumanity (though if we hadn't gotten that deal, again, we would've seen Zumanity anyway, but we would've just done the tix4tonight thing, so again, it only saved us some money, while again, also getting us a major seat upgrade.)

So basically... completely agree. MyVegas may have been better back in the day, before I was aware of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't still fantastic savings, at least if you aren't too picky about when you're there, and aren't already getting better comps elsewhere. (We don't really gamble, we're there mainly for the food, shows, and general spectacle.)

5. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The free rooms and CDS tickets have kept me playing (been playing almost since the beginning). I believe those rewards have the best ROI... so if those disappear, I'd consider not playing anymore.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat here. The game is still pretty good for players that like CDS and don't get rooms comped from play.

7. Porkchop

Porkchop Low-Roller

Can't argue with free stuff. :)

8. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I don't get room offers because my play does not warrant it, so if they do away with the room offers, I more than likely will do something else with my time than play.

Tentative Arrival
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.