1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I...must...resist....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So I'm sitting here at my desk at the house this afternoon, and Tony, my roommate, comes home from the office early and hops in the shower. Since he has a girlfriend now, I think nothing of it, as he's probably got someplace he's required to be.

Well, he gets out of the shower, gets dressed, and wanders down the hallway asking me to GO TO VEGAS TONIGHT!!!

It's just like George Clooney and Matt Damon in Oceans 11. "You're either in or out. Right now."

He's packing his bags and trying to talk me into going tonight...but reality says that I've only got about $400 in extra cash, and of course I have to work tomorrow...

No problem, he says, Jim (our poker buddy) is driving up tomorrow. Free room at the Trop, too.

Oh man...I feel like a kid outside of a candy store, who has a pocket full of spending money, but knows he should be saving it for a new bike (or a sailing trip to Catalina in October...) :(

Hmmm...as much as I hate to, I think I have to pass...

Now I'm depressed. [​IMG]

Vegas will still be there in October, I keep telling myself.

Mikey

2. GNH2000

GNH2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey....You should find out if there are any single Binion women available and marry into the Binion family. Wouldn't be a bad gig for ya!! :cool: ;)

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You came to the wrong place to ask for help! We're a board full of enablers!!!!

4. cruiser

cruiser High-Roller

Mikey,

Like I said in an earlier post somewhere, I will be shocked if you didn't go back to Vegas before October. And since you're within driving distance, you have an added responsibility to get several 'extra' trips in each year. Your trip reports keep the rest of us salivating waiting for the day we get to go back. [​IMG]

I've got 41 days to go before my next trip but this board helps me wait somewhat patiently. I'm also toying with the possibility that I might make it back for the first weekend in November but at the moment, that's a long shot. Several things would have to fall into place in order for that to happen. For now, I'm looking forward to six nights at the Tropicana beginning in late September.
    [​IMG]

5. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all need another Trip Report Mikey! I can hear the VIVA LAS VEGAS tune going on in your head, I bet you can feel the dice in your hand...$5 on the hardways for me.

6. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, as much as I'd like to go, and of course write another trip report, I had to be "responsible" and stick around this weekend. Besides, lest you think I spend all my extra $$$ on gambling, drinking, and strip clubs, I'll have you know that I'm actually trying to save up for a sailboat. Tough to do when Vegas is sooooo close.

Anyhow, I'm on my way to WalMart to buy A/C filters. Maybe I'll write a trip report about that... :eek:

Mikey

7. LVRon

LVRon Well-Known Member

The good news Mikey is that Vegas will always be there [​IMG]

8. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Yeah, and it's only FIVE hours away!! [​IMG]

A sail boat? don't you live in Arizona?! [​IMG]

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, he's got "oceanfront property in Arizona" From his front porch, you can see the sea ;)

10. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may not be able to see the Ocean from my front porch, but I got a pool in the backyard! [​IMG]

As soon as I can afford a sailboat, I'm moving away from lovely Arizona... Probably Southern California.

The trip to WalMart was uneventful, by the way...No big wins, no big losses...The twenty dollar trick got me a bag of dog treats, some A/C filters, laundry soap, and garbage bags. The afternoon will be spent at the pool at Casa De Mikey, sipping beer, and wishing there was more "talent" like at the Hard Rock. One good thing--there was none of that chair saving stuff that is so rampant at the Flamingo. The service is good, as I always manage to be furthest from the pool stairs when a drink refill is needed, so it's kinda like having a waiter.

After the pool, the plan is to spend the afternoon in the Sports Book (living room) watching my Cardinals whoop on the Phillies.

Eddie B may come by for beer and BBQ at our own Carnavale Court (back patio) with Derek and I, and we'll have to keep ourselves entertained enough to keep from ending up in Vegas tonight.

Thats all for now...By the way, how many days until Oct 24?

Mikey :D

11. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Not sure, but I can tell you for a fact there is 47 days until October 3rd!! [​IMG]

Gonna hit the poker room tonight (my dining room)...I'm planning on wacking the locals. Probably hit the buffet after a couple of hours, and I've got my eye on some talent for after cards....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.