1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I love this time of year

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

1. We got our tree last night. Mmm, the smell.
    2. We mixed and jarred up our southwestern seasoning/rub for distribution to friends and, well, that's another awesome smell in the joint.
    3. The new golf year is starting and that means the Orlando equipment show is near at hand, so Santa is occasionally dropping gear on my front porch for me to hit and batter and demo ... and then I send it along to the First Tee, Special Olympics golf and/or the local h.s. teams.
    4. We live in a small town where people wave and smile and we're getting more waves and smiles given ... the time of year it is.
    5. Saturday golf is set then we're having friends over for dinner, and then the family starts rolling in on Tuesday.
    6. Finally, our Heisman winner is a student, a volunteer, a team-player and a truly nice human being ... he's no Boyziel or Heinous Jameis. Now on the the Natty!!

2. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

That sounds pretty perfect. No golf for me this time of year here in frozen Indiana. Being a former high school golfer myself I'm sure they really appreciate the free stuff. We were plagued with budget cuts. My senior year they tried to cut the program entirely because it wasn't profitable (we went to state that year), but our coach decided to coach for free and the local country club let us on at no cost. My point is, the donations mean a lot to some families!

3. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken...I have to say that your posts are a most refreshing peek at your life and values.
    I love to read them, but don't often respond.
    One of these days, I hope that I'll play my first Las Vegas round of golf when you and I are there at the same time.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Wow, some thank yous truly are in order.

:beer:

5. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So well said Ken.
    Special time of year for sure, especially for those who quack.
    I just hope losing Ekpre-Olomu doesn't turn into a lump of coal.
    Very important defensive component. I had hoped to see him match up with Amari Cooper.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.