1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker I know I'm lucky, just tell me if I'm stupid.

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by woodie, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodie

woodie Tourist

I love playing vp, almost exlusively double double. My problem is that when I get a full house with aces full of whatever, I cannot resist the temptation to toss thepair and go for the 4 aces. I don't know if this is proper play, common sense would say stay with the full house but the last 4 times this has happened 3 of those times I hit the 4 aces and 2 of those were with 2,3,4 kicker. Am I stupid and just damn lucky or brilliant! ha

2. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're playing correctly. You hold the 3 aces and hopenfor the fourth with a kicker. You should check out wizard of odds website for some practice play.

3. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right or wrong, that's what I do too.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what B Dancer shows as return on a 9/5 game.

I always save the trip Aces on DDB.

[​IMG]

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, that's correct play:nworthy:

I'm even worse....most times when I get 2 pr and one is JOB, I throw the low pair hoping for 4OAK. I've hit it a few times and hit 3OAK a lot of times and for me, it just seems that the FH hardly ever fills in so w/ 2 PR paying the same as 1PR....why not?:drunk:

* I "always" watch that 5th card just to see if the FH "would have" filled in and I'm rarely disappointed.

Oh yea....and the other "correct" hold in DDB that I hate is the holding 4 to an inside straight:rolleyes2:

6. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In DDBonus, the best expected value play is to throw away the low pair of a two-pair only if the top pair is Aces. Going for the full house is better with all the non-Ace two-pairs.

1.8863 Pair Aces
    1.6809 Two Pair
    1.4478 Pair JJ, QQ, KK
    0.8658 Pair 22, 33, 44
    0.7332 Pair 55 to TT

Part of the idea I have is that not every hand I get dealt is one where I'm supposed to go for 4-Aces or a Royal. Many of the hands are just so I can stay in the game long enough and preserve my bankroll so I can be around when I DO get a hand where I should go for 4-Aces or a Royal.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.