1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I just got my iphone6 free -- NOT - just like resort fees - cha ching

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it was Sprint - been with them forever because every time I turn around someone on my plan is upgrading. I have 5 lines. Me, hubby, my mom (I am dropping hers because she literally cannot use it anymore - other than for a clock) Plus I have always provided my Son and Daughter in law with phone service which has been their birthday and Christmas presents -- This comes from a time they were dirt poor -- Now my techie son has paid his dues at his financial institution that he has been at for about 5 years, and makes more money than his mother the RN - who works graveyard, holidays, 12 hours etc for 27+ years- Bitter hmmm just a little -- okay a lot but I am happy for him - because I am dropping his line too in June!!! -- the bank now provides him with a phone.

I have been getting these notices since last year to get the newest iphone/smart phones - free every 2 years -- of course -- kind of like the "free" vegas rooms. Anyways I upgraded my Iphone 4s to the 6 and the husband's 4 to the 6. Luckily when I called the number provided for the "loyal sprint customer I didn't have to wait on hold at all. Of course my $300 phone bill every month for the last several years I guess has made me the Sprint equivalent of the Vegas whale. The young man was very nice and I could clearly understand 95% of the conversation - he had a heavy foreign accent I couldn't quite identify -- sounded like some kind of Slavic accent.

It literally took 30 minutes of hammering out the details - My free phones costs a one time fee of $36 a line to upgrade. You need a new Otterbox because of course they change the dimensions of the phone so that my perfectly fine otterbox won't fit. And of course if I buy them today it will only be $35 instead of $50 for an otterbox -- $35 x 2. And to lease the i-phones it is $20 per month per phone but since I am a "loyal" customer I get $15 per month credit so the phones will only cost $5 a month extra. -- Which pretty much cancels the $$ saved from dropping the line I don't need.

Then I decided if I could drop my unlimited data plan because I really don't need unlimited I could again save moolah -- Nope -- Apparently I am grandfathered in and even though I can downgrade my plan it costs more. In June when I can drop my son's line it will cost around $179 -- but if I downgrade the plan to less data it will cost me $210 ---

My technically challenged husband has been bugging me since before Christmas to upgrade his phone. The man has always bitched about his cell phone and sprint service for the 14+ years we have been with them. This week he was bitching again "When are you going to get me a new phone -- blah blah blah" So today after my 30+ minute phone call, I texted him that we are now stuck in another 2 year agreement with Sprint and he is not allowed to bitch for 2 years!!! I wish I still had the old brick phone we used back in the day -- The young people don't know what I am talking about. I would wrap it up for a Birthday present - his birthday is Saturday.

Oh I didn't mention the free phone came with $19+ shipping costs too. The nice young man said I qualified for a "free" Ipad lease too -- yeah right. No not today. Then I electronically signed my new agreement/contract/indentured servant plan for sprint and then start getting all these texts for a survey. I gave the guy all 5s. The highest score I could. I guess it beats driving over 30 minutes to the closest sprint store and wait for over an hour for one of 2 representatives available.

If you read all of my drivel here and you need a free Otterbox for an Iphone 4s - I will be happy to pass mine along - you can pm me. I did get it from sprint there is one little problem with it -- the little hole for the earphone jack does not quiet line up -- I think it may have really been for the iphone 4. You just have to lift the tab to insert earphones.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Sprint advertising the Galaxy S6 for free (lease) with their $80 unlimited plan. I took a look at it, but I can't see changing from Verizon since the service at home is very good and not many locals like Sprint or AT&T for that matter. Anyway, the way the S6 promo is set up is very similar. $20 lease, but you get a $20 credit and can get a new phone next year. I think all of this is because there is a huge demand for these phones on the secondary market after they have been used, plus the carrier still makes good money from your service plan.

As for Otterbox, love those things, but hate the prices. But I always go the eBay route and can save on them over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.