1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I hate magic

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Magic can make us believe in the impossible. The ever-famous David Copperfield was able to use magic to save his wallet. He fooled a mugger into thinking he had nothing in his pocket.

Illusionists are perhaps the most fascinating when it comes to making things appear and disappear. The most famous magician in this genre has been France's own Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin. To showcase his magic, Robert-Houdin used people and things. His most famous trick was placing a pole upright and suspending his young son horizontally in the air. Another one of his tricks was sawing a woman into two halves.

This magician uses both illusion and mentalist magic to do some cool tricks. The equipment he uses will blow your imagination away.

http://www.wimp.com/ipadmagician/?old=1/

Christmas
  2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're magical, Joe. You got me to watch 4 and a half minutes of Ellen.

It was good, though.

3. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's funny!

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been an amateur magician for over 50 years and there are magic haters, true. It's an art form losing both its practitioners and its audience.

David Copperfield is an illusionist. All of his illusions can be performed by the average person with the correct staging and timing and money to build the illusion. He is also a magician, a very good close up magician. That takes practice. I don't like illusions, they are just people dancing around boxes. I enjoy close up magicians, even kids with $20 magic sets who are getting started.

I hate blue cheese. I hate Starbucks. I can't understand why people eat blue cheese nor drink acidic overpriced burned coffee beans but they do. We certainly are all different aren't we?

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too much smoke, not enough mirrors.

[​IMG]

Bill

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't hate magic. I just won't go out of my way to see it. I do enjoy going to weddings or banquets where they hire close up magicians to entertain you between dinner and shows.

Not the top of my list but I would go to see Penn and Teller but my wife really doesn't care to see them. If someone would give me a million dollars I'll gladly go and see Chris Angel.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.