1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I feel like I'm living back in Vegas with the winds today.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We we lived in Vegas one of our minor complaints was how windy it got almost everyday. Dust and sand always blowing around. No dust and sand, but wind gusts today of 30 - 50 mph. Thankfully, no snow or it would be one hell of a blizzard.

The other day the wind pushed my 4 burner gas grill across the entire patio until it hit the grass and fell over. That was with the wheel locks on!

Christmas
  2. NYNJMINC

NYNJMINC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're having the same kind of winds here Charlotte, NC

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here,I put a heavy patio block on each side of my grille after covering,it at least adds a little weight.so it wont blow over.

4. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Massive storm system went through the southeast yesterday and last night. In Pensacola FL we had tornados for the second time in eight days. The storm system is headed northeast. I suspect the mid-Atlantic states are going to get hammered. Stay safe.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got the snow and blizzard here.

Was windier on Friday and 60 degrees here. Dumb.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Wind is nearly a constant here, what with the Central Valley 60 or whatever miles thataway over the mountains and the ocean just a bit to the west. Most days it's 10-15, maybe 20, but it really can get up at times. We had a several hundred pound potted plant go over last winter, and our heavy wood outdoor furniture can get moved around like Lincoln Logs. Luckily it's not a nasty/ugly desert wind like in Vegas or the Coachella Valley, and mostly it carries wonderful moisture from the Pacific. (The Santa Anas are nothing here compared to So Cal.)

7. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good ole Chicago...

8. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Downtown won't be so bad, where I live on south side and south burbs will be hammered today.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  9. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Friday night we had high winds, a dead tree across the street blew over. It was deflected by a maple tree on my side yard, otherwise it would have hit the house. One scrape on some flashing and branches all over the roof, but no real damage. So 7:30 am Saturday morning I'm out with the chain saw, all the younger neighbors must have been hung over, because the only help I got was from two guys that are both in their seventies. But they brought their chain saws, and we cut it up in no time. Then my SIL came and took the wood and cleaned my roof, while I was gone. And if your wondering I live on a private road, and the dead tree was on property owned by a guy that uses it as a summer cottage. I do have to rake, but that can wait till it gets warmer.

10. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My poor wife just got all the sticks and tree branches picked up in our yard from the last blow, now she can start over!

I don't remember so many windy days in the winter here in WI, as far back as I can remember.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. It is now noticeable when there is a calm wind day. I've gone through two US flags and one Packers flag in the last 6 months.

Christmas
  12. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High winds and tornadoes up and down the east coast yesterday. We lucked out, the worst of it wasnt here ,I never really notice wind except on golf days ,we get a lot of windy days being near the ocean.Sunny and mid 50's today heading down to AC.

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody who lives in the D.C. area knows this is true: Topper Shutt blows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.