1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Husband checking in on my offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by weluvvegas, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a one-night comp reservation at the Mirage for when my husband takes my Dad to Vegas in September. The offer was sent to me and the lady said that she made the reservation in my name, but that my husband can check in.

We do have linked MLife accounts, but I remember once when my husband was travelling for work we met up in Vegas and they wouldn't let him check in on an offer that was sent to my email and booked in my name. They told me I had to be there to check in.

I asked this woman 3 times and told her, "I am NOT travelling" with them....she said it was fine.

What do you think, should I be worried?

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had difficulties with this exact scenario in the MGM Players Club days, but perhaps the new MLife with linked accounts has solved that issue.

Nick:beer:

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call once again, explain the scenario and see if you get the same answer....without revealing you have already previously called. If you do receive a different answer just be kind and ask to speak to a manager.

I am sure you would prefer getting it settled now instead of a busy hotel lobby when they tell your husband...."sorry this is booked by _______, not you"

4. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The key is to have both you and your husbands name on the reservation. I do this quite frequently----but you must have both name on reservation so that either can check in. Probably last time you only had reservation in your name.

5. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on my experience I would tell you not to worry.
    Last month my husband took our son for his 21st B'day. My husband's m-life had lesser offers & mine had 3 nights free plus some freeplay. I did what you did & called & they said the same thing - if you are linked it's no problem. The day before they were leaving I got a postal offer for 3 nights, freeplay, 2 tickets to the Elvis Cirq show & some amount of F&B. I called & changed the reservation to that offer & off they went. The whole reservation was in my name. No problems at check in or with everything in the offer except the freeplay - apparently that is mine & I would have had to be there with my card to claim it.

Contrast that with Cosmo & CET - neither of them would let my husband use my offers.

Hope your guys have a blast!

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a similar scenario a few years back at the Golden Nugget when the reservation was in Ms Gecko's name (our last names are different), and I arrived several hours earlier. Fortunately, my name was included on the reservation along with my earlier check-in, and I had no difficulty getting the room. They only requested that she show up at the desk when she arrived (which she did) to "make things official" (which I guess means showing ID, signing stuff, fingerprinting, body cavity search, etc.). No problem, though YMMV.

7. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! You've eased my mind a bit. I think I still will call and make sure his name is on there too. This lady told me his name didn't need to be there.

I'm hoping for that same offer here before they go -- it is basically becasue my husband is an Elvis fan and wants to go see the show for his birthday. Getting the tix with the room would be a great perk.

Weird, when my husband and I go together he plays more than I do (coin in) on his card but I'm the one who always gets the room and freeplay offers. He hasn't had a room offer on his number for several years.

40th Birthday Bash!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.