1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hugo's Cellar - Dining Time

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pcket5s, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcket5s

pcket5s Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know Hugo's Cellar has been discussed frequently here, but one thing I'm curious about is the amount of time that should be allocated for the typical dining experience. Two of our friends will be getting married downtown, and as a post wedding celebration we are thinking about taking them to Hugo's to celebrate (4 ppl total).

We have a 6 pm reservation on a Saturday, but need to be back to the strip by 9:00 pm to get ready for another commitment. I've read reviews on other sites that state one should allocate about 3 hours for the total dining experience. Obviously if this is typical, we'll need to make other arrangements. Any insights or experiences from others that have dined here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 1 1/2 hours should be plenty. I've seen that three hour figure and have no clue what would cause that. I've eaten at Hugo's a number of times and I can't imagine sitting there that long. If you go for all courses and talk for a while before ordering, you might approach 2 hours.

3. zignerlv

zignerlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    90 minutes would be rushing. We typically are in and out of most places in little over an hour, but at Hugo's it's always closer to two. If you have pre dinner drinks, appetizers, and dessert, in addition to dinner and salad, three hours is right on target.

4. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some things that can add time to how long you are there. If you take lots of wine recommendations from the sommelier, get the hot rocks appetizer or any of the tableside desserts, it can start adding up. If you are worried, get there a little early, have a drink or two at the bar while you're looking over the menu, and do other things that can save you a few minutes here and there.

If you want a Beef Wellington for dinner, that will probably take longer. 6:00 is generally a fairly early dinner time, so I don't think the kitchen will be slammed if you're only having steaks, seafood, etc.

I have only eaten there with a group twice since I usually travel solo, but both times, we were out in well under three hours.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And tell your server how much time you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.