1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How would you play Survivor?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Terry Benedict, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! You've been accepted to be a cast member of the next Survivor! What's your strategy going to be? What will you do to prepare?

Strategy:
    I would try to make an alliance with someone who is in a career with honorable people. Retired military, fireman, judge... I know, not everyone is honorable and honest, but there are tendencies and percentages. There is more honor in a doctor than a car salesman. No offense, anyone.
    Use the buddy system to keep the alliance together. Colton couldn't have put his lies out if there would have been two or three others in the conversations.
    Put out there that the most important thing in Survivor is votes. The second thing is water. The priority is winning challenges before the merge. There are no big moves early in the game. Stick to the alliance as long as possible. Remind your alliance that one guy went up against six or eight women and won because the women turned on each other. Boston Rob won because he kept his together.
    Develop the idea early that when it comes to reward challenge trips, take the second and third place people. The picking someone else wrinkle is designed to intensify the social game. You can eliminate the disappointment by making the decision before the choice is presented. Like hitting a sixteen against a ten.

Preparation:
    I would try to build a fish trap out of sticks. Something I could leave in the water overnight.
    I would wear shorts and pants that would still tighten around my waist as I lost weight. (Damn, I would love to lose 15-20 pounds!)
    I would wear a waterproof cap with a brim. Possibly with a nylon cord that I could use to build a fire the first day.

On the island:
    I would be Fire Guy. Light and take care of the fire so no one else develops their skill.
    Listen. Ask questions rather than offer opinions: "Have you noticed anything different about Colton?" Focus other players' attention elsewhere and create their opinions so nothing sticks on me.
    The first day, split the work of the tribe so some build the fire, some build a shelter. For some reason it seems that all new tribes think it's got to be one or the other.
    I would build a shelter roof out of split bamboo, like a tile roof. Half of the bamboo with the U shape upward, half downward. That way, there isn't really any leaks, AND you can make a gutter to collect fresh water. A lot of conversations happen when people go off to get water and most conversations are not good.

Off the island:
    Cash the check.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I've never seen the show, but I like Furio's strategy for it...

[YOUTUBE]m9OfztENArE[/YOUTUBE]

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good old, Furio, I liked that guy but I kept an eye on him.

The kiss of death on Survivor is trying to be the leader. You can be a strong player, that's good, they need you for challenges, but never the leader. Everyone sees you as too bossy and that will be your downfall.

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly as I play it now:

Sitting comfortably at home screaming at the idiots on the TV.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would certainly consider my clothes choice and make sure that i had sleeves that rolled all the way down to keep the bugs off.

plus the clothes would have to dry quickly like swim trunks do.

- i would probably not let on that i was a survival instructor in the navy. might not be looked upon to well.

i would certainly not stick my head up too high because thats the one who gets it cut first.

always make sure someone is a bigger target then you.

i would do my but around camp but not to the stupid level while the young girls laid around all day.

i most likely would ally with them because we usually oddly gravitate towards one another in every day life. as unlikely pairing but i get along well with younger females for some reason.

I would have no problems lying to others. its part of the game.

I have never understood why they dont always work little by little on their shelters. its like they build it the forst day and never touch it again. i would make a lean to initially but quickly would be in a teepee. way better insulation and shelter against the rain.

6. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

WALLFLOWER
    That's the first thing to be.
    A "Guy's" alliance has worked somewhat.....but one needs to
    have at least two women in on it.
    And don't stick that alliance in anyone's face -- which those
    jaggoff guys did a few seasons ago.
    They started strutting around together like a bunch of dogs.
    If you are concerned about building that shelter ( immediately )
    NEVER ....NEVER,,,,give the orders.....nor suggestions.......if you have
    a good building idea - just try to accomplish it without saying anything.
    Water shoes are a great idea to have.
    You have to study,study,study,study ALL THE PAST seasons.
    Analyze each one so you have theorectical knowledge of different
    strategies used.
    Also, it helps in case there is challenge of Survivor trivia.
    Planning several steps ahead is crucial.
    But JUST LIKE LANDING IN VEGAS.....all your plans might go out the window !

7. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

BTW,
    Could ya see our "Cousin Eddie" as the Ladies Man on Survivor ?:evillaugh:evillaugh:nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.