1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How to use transit in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by pdog89149, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read tons of posts on here and everyone has so many questions about how to get around Vegas. Sometimes the information is accurate, other times it's not and usually gets corrected. But there seems to be an underlying assumption or misunderstanding of how the system works. I've ridden tons of transit systems across the Country and ride RTC Transit often. On the RTC's website http://www.rtcsnv.com/ is a handy trip planner at the bottom of the page. Just type in the location you are starting from and the destination. You don't have to use the exact address. I just tested Main Street Station to Texas Station and it told me to walk across the street to catch teh 106, not take a bus to the BTC and then backtrack back to where I was.

This saves you all time and eliminates the constant similar questions. Just trying to help and show you how you can access a lot of the information without going in circles or burning time when you can just quickly get on your way. There is also a system map on the website you can access so you can just look at the routes.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really sure what your point about the WAX is from the airport. There is a schedule of departures and they follow it very closely. Within minutes.

Christmas
  3. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There had been some debate that you can ride the WAX from T1 to T3 and then ride back to the Strip. But as you've pointed out the schedule at the airport shows when the bus arrives so you don't unnecessarily ride around.

4. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the note about the route finder on the website...that will come in very handy for an upcoming trip we have planned, and are hoping to avoid renting a car since we will pretty much be on the strip and DT, with the exception of one trip to Wal Mart to lay in some trip supplies.

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WAX and other routes sometimes are off during construction/accidents/etc/, but public transit is susceptable to occasional outages / cancelled buses/trains anywhere (private transportation is also susceptable to these same issues).

The RTC is decent, and for most trips they will arrive on schedule. The website is user friendly and easy to follow. Buses are typically clean and beside the Duece/SDX, not very crowded. They are much more reliable than the Airport Shuttle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.