1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How to get back and forth from Fremont to the Strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Been to Vegas about 8 times (probably haven't updates that in my profile though) but I have a question for you all.

I know where the Downtown Hotels are, I know where the Strip is. We usually stay the first night Downtown at the Golden Nugget and then the other nights on the Strip.

HOWEVER, I've got some buddies going this year for a surprise birthday party for one of them...and they are staying on the Strip. My $ situation this year is a little tighter...but of course I want to join. I'm considering saving some coin by staying downtown while they stay on the Strip. Yes that means that I have to travel back and forth at the beginning and end of the day, yes I won't be right in the heart of it with them all...I know all that.

However, as I look at transportation options from Downtown to the Strip it is quickly apparent that if I took cabs...after 4 days I wouldn't likely save money (as once a cab cost me $30 from Golden Nugget to Flamingo) and friends are staying at the Linq.

What are some other transportation options.

2. kevin853

kevin853 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/fare-information/

Runs every 15 mins approx and costs $20 for 3 days for as many rides as you want. Always use this in Vegas and for going to Fremont and drops you off right by it. The SDX is quicker as has fewer stops.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind a little walking, you could take the WAX bus for $2 and that would drop you off outside Trop. Catch it outside Binion's. For the return, catch it on Trop outside of NYNY. Very speedy. Less than 30 mins each way.

Christmas
  4. bobert07

bobert07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could use Lyft. If you are new, they may give you a sign-up bonus, e.g., $5 off 10 rides. We used it in Feb (Aria to Main Street Station) and it was around $16 including a $2 tip (not mandatory)... or just $11 with the sign-up bonus.

5. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bus is cheapest, and most practical. And as Kevin said, make sure you catch the SDX as it will shave a little time off. If it's an extra rough night, though, spring for a Lyft. We used Lyft to and from the airport, and bussed it in between.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As everyone said, the bus is the cheapest. But you have to be honest with yourself about how likely you will be to take a cab back after a few drinks, you're feeling tired, you're feeling like you deserve a luxury. Also, the bus gets crowded and sometimes you have to stand. Personally I'm fine with standing or being on a crowded bus, but it's a personal preference.

I have a suggestion. Look up rates at some of the less fancy strip properties. The difference might not be much, if any at all, when you factor in an occasional taxi.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  7. scrappy

scrappy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually the cheapest way is the free shuttles from hotel california to Sams town, then jump right on the Sam's to Harrahs shuttle. Only runs like 9 to 9, schedule is at cal registration, Does not take any longer than the deuce.

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that suggestion.

I've tried that and there is a pretty big difference.

The other guys are going on package out of a major Canadian city (so that's my baseline price). I have the option of flying out of the USA with Allegiant (I'v used them multiple times so I know what they are all about, and it's about same distance for me to drive to that airport as it is the Canadian one).

So when I factor in the Allegiant flight price (every add-on included) I then have x amount of $ before I am even with the CDN package.

Using some downtown options options, which I posted in a different thread, I can make a good enough saving to forgo the hassle.

The hotel (tax, and resort fee - if applicable) needs to be at the $400 CDN mark for it to make sense to not do the package.

9. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they are at the Ling you will probably want to use the Deuce or take the SDX to the Showcase Mall and get off to take the Deuce to Caesars and cross the street to the Ling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.