1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much will a taxi cab take in terms of luggage and people?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by muskokacam, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskokacam

muskokacam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there I was just wondering if someone could tell me how much can fit into a cab on a single run? I will be with two others going from the airport to the Flamingo and back at trip completion. We will each have a carry-on bag/small suitcase and a large suitcase. Will we be able to fit? I hope so to cut down on cost and keeping us together for our check-in at the hotel.

On a somewhat related note, do we say to the cab driver, " No tunnel or expressway please and take Swenson" to avoid being long hauled?

Thanks in advance.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas taxis can carry up to 5 passengers. Doesn't matter how big it is, like if its a van that could seat 8 people, the law says they can only take 5 passengers maximum.

If there is only 3 of you then you will be fine.

For how much luggage they can carry: you will be fine there as well. Taxis come in a variety of sizes from small cars, medium cars, vans, SUVs, etc. When you are at the airport you get in the queue for the taxi and when you get to the front of the line the airport attendant will ask you how many in your party, you say "3", they will check you and your luggage needs and if you look like you need a big vehicle or van they will direct you to a spot for the next one.

For the getting back to the airport its pretty much the same thing except at the hotel you can see what vehicle is going to be yours (if you are 3rd in line for the taxi then check which vehicle is 3rd in line in the taxi queue) and if it looks like it is not big enough then when you get to the front tell the attendant that you need a bigger vehicle or van and they will have you stand to the side until one comes up in the queue.

3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 people and you can get a mini van or big cab so your fine

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 5 people with 5 bags of luggage no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.