1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How many comps can be expected?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by msujen12, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that this question has been asked in a million different ways, but since I've recently been assigned to a host who will now look at my play at the end of my trip, I'm wondering what to reasonably expect. In trips past, I've went to the host on duty when my play warranted comps and almost all of my bill was always taken care of. I'm a Diamond CET player, will be staying at CP for 4 nights. Currently, I have 4 show tickets charged to my room (friends and I are going to Britney). The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if I should pay for the tickets up-front, or wait and see what is comped at the end?

I will play with and likely lose at least $5k over the 4 day trip, but since I'm mainly a slot player, that could amount to well over 10,000 TC (earned, not bonuses) for the trip. I'm just wondering what level of comps that justifies? $500? $700?

Any opinions are welcome. The ticket money is set aside, but I'd hate to pay for them if they would otherwise be comped.

TIA

2. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10,000 TC with no bonuses on slots is about 50k coin in or 5k theo. You should be able to get $1250 in discretionary comps depending on what type of room you are in and the other upfront comps.

This is for slot play. VP will earn a lot less comps.

I usually ask my host before dinner on my final night to find out how nice of a dinner I should have.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    always charge everything to your room so it possibly can be comped.

however, 50k coin-in over 4 nights means not much is going to be available after the room and $100 RCs.

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on always charging. You never know what a host might do but you also never know until it happens how your play might turn out. The day of my 50th birthday was my most profitable day ever in 20 years of going to Vegas. I wound up playing a LOT more because of the wins and still bringing most of my wins home. But for that day I would have had maybe $300-400 comped off. I played so much I had more than $2k comped off; my entire bill was cleared, including tips, which I thought could never be comped.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you pay for it, you will NEVER get it comped.

6. GreatGamblino

GreatGamblino Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't speak to the level of justified comps, but I would certainly keep them as a room charge and see what can be comped off at the end of your stay. I also had 4 Britney tix charged to my room in Feb. I accumulated approx 14,000 TCs over 3 days (excluding bonuses) and had those charges, along with a couple of buffets and miscellaneous mini bar charges, comped off at the end. I usually have whoever checks me out at the Diamond Registration call and see what can be done - they always take care of my bill. I'm 7* but don't have an executive host, just a marketing rep, so this works for me.

7. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. Based on responses I'll just keep them charged to my room and see what happens at the end. The cash is already set aside in a separate account to pay for them, so may as well give it a go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.