1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How long does Southwest extend their calendar?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by joshrocker, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now Southwest has flights through the middle of August. We're going in the middle of September.

Anyone know when Southwest does extend their calendar, how far out they extend it (IE will our middle of September dates be included)?

Also from a little google searching their doesn't appear to a set time when they extend their calendar? Am I understanding that right? Every other airline has their schedules out but we really like Southwest and have been holding out for them.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early march Southwest will extend its calendar through October. Click on the Travel Tools section of their website

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

On March 3rd, SWA will extend their reservations window until Oct. 31st .

4. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys!

My friends have very specific dates they can go because of work so we're hoping to buy right away to make sure there won't be any problems.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always best to book early, you can always rebook if the price goes down, provided you will fly somewhere else in the next year and can use the credit. Keep in mind that any credit you get for rebooking cheaper flights expires one year after you made the original reservation. Which in your case would then be March 2015.

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice! I've never had the pleasure of re-booking because I've never had a flight actually go down on me. Thanks for explaining the process.

I'm usually pretty flexible but my friends both work at the same place and they had a problem getting the same days off together. So we're locked in. I just hope we don't get unlucky with flight prices for specific days. There doesn't appear to be any major conferences in town so hotel prices don't look to be an issue.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.