1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How long do you think check-in line at TI will be Friday afternoon before NYE

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by josassoc, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Oct 6, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been planning a trip for our group of 6-8 people for NYE (Friday, Dec 28th thru Tues Jan 1st). Everyone is flying in on Friday at around 3:30pm. It's just occurring to me how long TI's hotel check-in line normally is on Fridays. Any clue how bad it will be that day? Also, the taxi line at the airport on Friday will also be ridiculous, huh?

OK. The planner in me is considering (just me) going in a day early and getting the check-ins/keys early in the day Friday and booking a limo for pick-up at the airport for everyone. That was our 1st day of the trip isn't not just spent standing in line. I'm self-employed and my schedule is pretty flexible. So, it wouldn't be a hardship. Am I overthinking this? I've also been looking for good alternative for nights out that aren't necessarily the norm, to mix things up and lessen the extended lines for everything. Anyone been to Savile Row, Wishes Vegas, Stoney's (reopening soon), Revolver Lounge lately? Local or expert advice would be appreciated...
  2. Pinny Long

Pinny Long High-Roller

Apr 15, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only place I've been to on that list is STONEY'S (the cowboy bar). It's a lot of fun, I think. I'm not really into the western scene, so the music ain't my first choice and I don't know any of the dances, but it's a happening place regardless and I had fun getting thrown off the mechanical bull.

Check in --- I think you're a bit over paranoid. Yeah, it's a Friday and one of the busiest times, but hotels know this and prepare for it. You'll have a longer wait than usual, but what's the longest you've ever had to wait in a check in line? 30 minutes? 40 in a bad case?

If you want to get there a day early because you want some time to yourself, go for it! But I really don't think that 20minutes - 1hour of check in time will damper the trip. If you have some restless hearts with you, just let some of them go wait at one of the bars or play some slots or something and find them when all is sorted.

Most people want to throw their bag in the room and stretch a bit before tearing up the night anyway.

If you want to come in early, do it. But "taking one for the team" . . . . I just don't think it's a grenade that needs to be jumped on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.