1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How is the Goretorium

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Dutchfly, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys,

Heard some good stories about Eli Roth's Goretorium next to Planet Hollywood.
    Is it worth the money ( 34$ online)

Thanks!

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's very well done and the setup is top-notch. Lots of actors and sets make it worthy of the expense. That being said, I used a $19 Groupon a few weeks ago, so no doubt there are other discounts out there as well.

3. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sam,

I saw the groupon offer as well. It is still valid. Unfortunatly I am not able to buy because I have a credit card wich is not issued in the US, Australia, or UK.

4. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I grabbed two of those Groupons. I'm staying at the Vdara so it won't be far.

It's half off. $34 is rather steep.

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The regular price is indeed steep for this type of attraction, but it is so head-and-shoulders above the annual temporary Halloween attractions that it truly is justified. Professional all the way, with lots of capital invested to make it so good. And all of the actors need to be paid as well.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. That was pretty recent too. I read that the waits were long when it launched but it seems it's still long.

That person didn't really review the actual Goretorium much but everything leading up to it and after it.

I guess that's good for spoilers.

I think things like that are best....alone. It's harder to be scared in numbers.

8. SpinyNorma

SpinyNorma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the one that wrote the TR linked above. I didn't want to get into details about the actual experience itself because these things don't tend to translate into print well and also I think some of the fun is spoiled if you know what to expect once you're inside.

For those reasons, I still don't want to get into listing what exactly happens but I will say that it's very well done. It's constructed well and the actors are good. If you like horror movies, haunted houses, and that sort of thing, you'd probably like the Goretorium.

I still have to give it mixed review. The actual experience is great but the wait is horrendous. As I mentioned in my TR, the line wasn't even very long when I was there but it still took an hour, maybe longer (I didn't reread the accounting for the exact time) to get in.

I don't know why they do it the way they do but I think it really detracts from the experience as a whole. Building a little anticipation is one thing but with that long a wait, you pass anticipating and end up wallowing in boredom and annoyance. To each their own but I'd rather go in a larger group than stand around for over an hour waiting to get in with a small one.

Because of the ridiculously long wait, I wouldn't go back again and it makes it really hard to actually recommend it to others. Once you actually get in, it's great but that wait....The idea of how long you'd have to wait if there actually was much of a line is almost scarier than the "hotel" itself.

I hope this helps some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.