1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How have you been handling CET eStandby Upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bdautch, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip coming up from Dec. 18-21. When I logged into Total Rewards, I saw a number of comps for "base model" rooms, if you will. I'm referring to Bally's Indigo Tower, Flamingo Fab room, Harrah's Classic, and PH Hollywood Hip. I wound up choosing PH, because I could handle the base model room if that's what I wind up with. I chose to accept a $30 a night charge for a larger Resort Room, if available at check in, so that my buddy and I can have an extra 110 square feet.

The main reason I made this choice was, I can handle a base model PH room if there isn't an eStandby upgrade available. At Bally's, I don't like being shoved back into the Indigo Tower if they don't offer a Jubilee room. At Harrah's, I worry that the Classic rooms are really old and gross. And at Flamingo, I don't want to risk hearing high heels walking on those hardwood floors above me; I prefer the Go rooms. So I'm not sure that I want to risk an eStandby not being offered or not panning out at check in, and then being in desultory rooms that I don't want. At PH, I can live with the basic Hollywood Hip.

I'm seeking guidance on how you're handling eStandby upgrades. Do you choose your comped room based on how you think you can max it out on eStandby? Are you taking a comp and screw the eStandby unless it's a nominal charge for a vastly better room? What's your stance on the issue?

2. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were offered the eStandby after we booked a GO strip view room at Flamingo last July. The offer was an upgrade to a GO suite for $14 a night more. We took the deal because we assumed that you can’t go wrong when the word “suite” and $14 are in the same sentence.

To answer your question about room choice, we always book at least one room grade up because, like you, we don’t want to get stuck with a budget room. Unless its ARIA or Wynns, where there are no budget rooms. This case we would be going up to level three, I think.

The offer was available when we arrived and we were given the suite which was not that impressive. Now, we have never stayed in a GO strip view room so I not sure what we gave up for the extra $14, but am guessing the only difference was the sq. ft. between the two room types. Am not crying in my beer, the room was fine, but I am just not convinced that it was the best 14 dollars a night we ever spent.

The other sore point about the eStandby was the offer of the potential of additional “perks” for agreeing to the promotion. As I read it, the email stated that was the potential for more offers and “deep discounts” (their phrase) at the time of your arrival. True that this was not specific or guaranteed, but when we asked about this at the check-in desk, the girl denied any knowledge of additional offers relative to the eStanby program. I let her read the email (I always bring a copy of any correspondence) but to no avail. She just gave us a list of BOGO offers for Platinum which we would have received even if we had not taken the eStandby offer.

Again, everything worked out ok and we had a great time. I just think that there is an element of misrepresentation here, not because there were no “special” discounts but because the agent acted like she didn’t know anything about the additional promotion.

Hope this provides some insight. You’re invited to read my complete TRIP REPORT in that section titled “One part pink, one part dazzle”, two or three pages deep by now.

3. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are always comped for 5 nights at Harrah's, Quad, Flamingo, etc.......... but about 2 weeks before we leave we are always offered a Executive Suite for $50 per night.........it's huge and well worth the money spent......never stayed in a regular comped room at Harrah's so we can't compare it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.