1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How far out was the furthest you planned a Vegas trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by phade, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from western NY and a once a year visitor at most. Every so often a Vegas trip will not get scheduled in a given year due to another vacation eating up time off from work or just bad calendar alignment. This year was one of them as we're going to a few islands in the Caribbean in August - no Vegas.

Last night, my family wanted to plan a Vegas trip for next summer (2016). I'm all aboard to lock this in. Really looking forward to the beach/island trip this summer, but dang, Vegas is so far away. Usually my lead time on setting a Vegas trip is at most 8 mos. and as few as 6 mos. since we usually go there for a full week. Now we're talking 13-14 mos. Yuck.

Good news bad news I guess!

2. LinLV

LinLV Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch... that's a long wait!!!
    The 50 days I still have to wait are killing me. We only go twice a year since it's a long travel (24 hours door to door from the Netherlands). And when we return home after a visit we start to count down to the next one...
    Good luck on the long long countdown!

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 months....i live 4.5 hrs away by car and 1 hr by air
    but I'm a cheap....er frugal bastard

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had over 150 (make that 171) days showing on my Countdown Timer before.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  5. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I planned my December 17-20 trip the day SWA put their airfares on sale through those dates (May 14). $107 there, $127 back (BWI-LAS non-stop direct, reasonable mid-day flights). I already knew I could get a Jubilee comp at Bally's, so I pulled the trigger on the flights as soon as I possibly could. Free flight, free room...I'll worry about the rest later.

6. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically pre-plan a possible trip to Vegas anywhere from 3 months to a full year in advance. With my profession and vacation time, we select our weeks of vacation based on seniority generally in November for the following year. When I get to select my weeks off, I generally pick the weeks on when I would possibly like to go to Vegas!

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically start planning about 5 weeks ahead; occasionally less than 2 weeks and seldom beyond 2 months. The longest planning was probably mid-March last year for late October. And that was due entirely to use a $400 credit on Delta that was expiring the next day, and the annual Halloween timeframe was the only certainty.

Being retired makes planning easy for me, but it's often difficult coordinating with Ms. Gecko's schedule. We're currently toying with a mid-August trip and have plenty of room offers, but haven't yet decided the usual things: specific dates, how long to stay, and where to stay. For that matter, I haven't even decided if I feel like going! I can't imagine planning a year in advance.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a countdown timer up right now for next February. It will be the third year in a row I have gone for Super Bowl weekend. I am also going for Labor Day weekend, I missed the last two Labor Days in Vegas as we were in Jamaica. This year its back to Vegas. You will have an amazing time in the Caribbean, along with Vegas its my fave vac spot!

9. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking to come May 2016 . So I guess that makes it about 15 months of planning since I've been planning since March

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Vegas has pretty much become a visit of spontaneity for us. Access is straightforward and silly easy from a planning perspective (even if more time-consuming now) and we avoid the big events like the plague so there's never a concern finding a place to bunk where we'd actually like to bunk. Our other travel -- the bulk of our travel -- can be rather last second or planned well well well in advance; it just depends.

Having any place out there on your mental travel timeline is a good thing.

11. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    90 days is the longest that I have planned and the shortest was 3 weeks...

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    planned our 30th birthday party extravaganza on my 29th birthday.

otherwise it's normally 3-5 weeks out.

13. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost always scheduled 8-9 months in advance.

14. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My current countdown timer started at 385 days..! We usually know when we are going on vacation and where more than a year out, and typically start real planning at about the 10-11 month mark. These last 21 days and change are killing me!!! :blah:

15. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 330 days out.

I got to Vegas once a year, sometimes twice, so I know the exact time my friends and I like to go. Airlines open their schedule 330 days out (with the exception of Southwest), so I start planning at that time.

16. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably about 8 months but that was my brothers wedding and my first trip. Since then, I usually book anywhere from 2 days before to 3 months before depending on last minute plans or not.

17. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to actually start planning in earnest (booking a flight, setting a countdown timer, etc.) about 3 months out, although I'll sometimes book the hotel earlier, since it's refundable. That doesn't count my annual Thanksgiving trip, of course, which is on the calendar every year, so I suppose that one gets "planned" a year in advance!

18. boxofbirds

boxofbirds High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I couldn't wait that long! Longest planned trip to Vegas was about 6 months beforehand. I didn't realize at the time that I had inadvertently planned the trip to happen during the Super Bowl, and little did I know the Seahawks would be playing in it. Most of my trips get planned about 6-8 weeks in advance.

Trip #12
  19. Jaci2014

Jaci2014 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A year out ( because we are both teachers) and travel there in June/July. On the spur of the moment, we once planned a trip 60 days out for Christmas break.

20. 33hard6

33hard6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    25days till my long Poker trip which was planned 390 days ago (The 1st day in Vegas last year) thankfully I have had 4 trips in between this year all which weren't planned for longer than 1 month.

Side note how do I set up a timer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.