1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How far in advance to book rooms?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by myvegas79, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myvegas79

myvegas79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a quick question if anyone knows the answer....we may have to take a trip out west and would be passing through Vegas, and I am figuring we would just stay there overnight with MyVegas LPs. The issue is it would be a last minute kind of thing, we might have 3 days notice before we have to be there. I'm wondering if the dates are available on the calendar, how likely is it that I can redeem a room with only 3 days before going? I know that its better to book as far out as possible, but does anyone have experience with last minute booking through comps? We are looking at a cheap hotel, Circus or Excalibur.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it would be a weeknight, you're probably okay on that short of notice. Slow weekends might be okay too. I think if the basic room is still available at the property of your choice when you call to redeem, you can use the reward.

I would consider buying awards preemptively though if you are less than 90 days out from this happening. It's possible that other hotels stop offering rewards like Aria did earlier this year.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, just because the calendar shows dates are available, doesn't mean they are. MyVegas doesn't change the calendar after its released.

4. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, if I want to book a room at the Mirage for the end of February, you suggest I redeem the free room now even though the calendar isn't up yet?

1st time @ The Bellagio!!! Yay me :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.