1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you not go crazy???

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We still have 7 months to go and reading these forums and playing myvegas makes it even worse.

How do you not go crazy when planning a trip?? This is our first time to vegas, i am sure if we had been there before i would be fine, but i am so excited i just want it here now, alas we can not afford that.

That's the one bad thing about planning so far ahead but i had to in order to get the good air times, as there are not that many flights from here and they book up fast with air miles.

When we went to florida i had our wedding to plan so that took my mind off it.

I am on an executive planning committee for a festival but we only meet once until spring so i think this is going to be a longgggggggggg winter lol.

2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not so sure that this is the case. I've been to Vegas a few times and I can safely say that I am more excited for upcoming trips than I was for my first trip. After you fall in love with this town you can't wait until you can get back.

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only gets worse from here. I can barely wait 7 weeks forget 7 months.

4. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does not matter first time or 20th once you get the fever every trip is just as exciting and anticipation is a killer!

no place on earth like vegas!:thumbsup:

5. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7 days feels like 7 months!

6. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that would probably ring true for me too. My auntie went 19th of april last year and she said it was way too hot for her, over 100 so she won't join us this time but she got bit by the bug and is going back jan/feb when it is cooler.

Nothing gets to my husband though, he doesn't get excited so i may get bite but i am pretty sure he won't.

7. astroboy78

astroboy78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been in Vegas last May, going back last week of October. Eight weeks to go, and I'm already going crazy! :woohoo:

I feel your pain... You're not the only one!

8. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep planning. Act like it's a football game or a musical performance. Plan = practice. Be religious about checking flight info/prices - imo I always think booking direct w/ the airline is better. Whatever your games are, master them online (for free, save the bankroll!! online gambling is kinda sketchy I think, just my opinion again..) Research the following: hotels, rooms, comps, shows, restaurants, bars, clubs, buffets, paytables, drink service, car rentals, bus routes, limo companies, cabs, bed bugs, off strip, on strip, downtown, bankroll management, bankroll mismanagement....And you can do all of that...HERE :nworthy:..You will never stop learning about Vegas here. I've made almost 25 trips to LV and have been a member here since 2009, and still learn shit about my favorite city here daily. Also, make sure you tell a cat named smartone that you think everything was better in the "old days" he likes that..:wink2: Hope this helps. One more thing read the Trip Reports
    forum, often, if you see a new one posted read it. :beer:

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the only solution that really works is to go more often.

10. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights are booked through air miles. Leave here 2:55, get there 4:15. Leave thre 5pm get here 10pm .Can't really beat that. Only had to pay taxes and airport fees. $454 for the 2 of us from Winnipeg, MB really can't be beat.

We have 2 free nights at trop, from a marketing promo through our local dealership. Only problem is we won't know if our dates were accepted until 45 days before, so i am just assuming they will be as nothing major is going on at that time.

I will continue to research/read trip reports though for sure, but some of them make me more anxious/excited!!

I read the board 2-3 times a day lol.

11. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 -3 times a day?!?!?!? :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

That ain't no way to keep from going crazy my friend.

This board will - WILL - interfere with your life....Trust me. :wink2:

:thumbsup::beer:

12. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now i am only working part time which is why i am here so often. Once i am working every day i will probably do a bit better lol.

13. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're not playing already, I'd say start playing MyVegas. 7 months is a good chunk of time to earn decent rewards.

14. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Works for me too! I won't say that going to Vegas isn't still exciting, but it's a different kind of excitement than the first several visits. It's become very routine; in that I know where I'm going and what I'm going to do when I get there. And knowing I'll be going back within a month or two of my last trip, "going crazy" doesn't apply. Then again, anyone going that often from this far away must already be crazy! :D

15. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, started playing when i joined this board. 54k lps already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.