1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you describe this egg?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sco5123, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you describe the egg below to a waitress? It's a runny scrambled egg with cheese but instead of the runnyness being from the egg it is rather mostly from the cheese? I want it to be almost well done, scrambled with the cheese all the way through in a runny way (not just on top)....do you get what I am saying? What is the name of how this egg is made (eg some type of eggs are called "hard" or "overeasy" or regular "scrambled" but what is this called)?

2. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know, but that is how I like them too. This weekend at the Cal, I had scrambled eggs that were literally dripping water, or something, while sitting in water, or something. They were so moist I could not eat them. ick.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same thing. But, I don't like runny scrambled eggs, and I like melted cheese on my scrambled eggs. So, I ask for/tell them I don't want the eggs runny and I want the cheese melted. They come out the way I want them.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want nothing runny in my eggs. I order eggs over hard and I order omelets and scrambled, well done.
    I do order my steaks rare, tho.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

What H2 wrote. I've always called 'em French eggs or Frenched eggs, because like so many things culinary, the French just do it right.

8. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any cook with any experience and most servers also should understand the terms 'loose' and 'tight'.I would order loose scrambled eggs w/melted cheese..It's just a matter of the cook adding the cheese earlier than later..Just don't use the term 'runny' cause that is what you'll get,wet scrambled eggs w/cheese on top. Try it out a couple times and see if works for you..

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

They serve these at the Paris brunch buffet. They have different types of scrambled eggs and these are at least one of them. It was probably one of the single best buffet items I've ever had, and that's saying a lot for something as simple as eggs. But they are so buttery and cheesy they practically melt in your mouth. I loved them.

10. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have a hard time trying to explain this to the vet when it comes out of my cats mouth. :vomit: And that triangular thing. Is that worm pie? :eek:

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As in Boef Bourguignon, I made Julia Child's recipe, Dutch oven and all. Had a hard time finding the bacon though. It's beef stew from another world. Think I'm gonna make it for Sunday dinner.

12. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds yummy! I haven't made anything from my "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in a while - might be time to dig it out for fun:drunk:

I'm making venison carbonnade this weekend. The Belgians might not be known for their food, but they do a few things VERY well :thumbsup: Esp if those things involve beer, like a carbonnade:nworthy:

13. ken2v

:beer:

Or what about braised short ribs???

I highly recommend the cookbook put out by NYC's Balthazar.

We're gonna grill flatbread tonight, drink some Transcendence Syrah. :thumbsup:

14. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I love their fries and toast.

15. LAS

LAS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it's called French scrambled eggs?? Dunno lol

16. ken2v

But the fries are of Belgian origin. lol But maybe it was the French-speaking part of Belgium.

17. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yum, frites. Moules frites - so much yummier than steak frites!! And there's actually a restaurant in Asheville, NC that serves a fabulous version! Though I'm craving a trip to Belgium, it's more likely I'll get to Asheville, at least in the next year:thumbsup:

18. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sunday morning egg creation

I fry up a few baconstrips along with some frozen home fries or potatoes murphy. I take out the bacon and break it into smaller pieces and put it back in the pan with the homefries. I then pour in some eggs and milk that I whipped.
    Then I add some shredded packaged taco cheese . Fold and cook like an omelet.
    Some toast ,coffee salt pepper and ketchup, nothing french,just man food.

19. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fry a pint of Eggbeaters for about half an hour on medium-medium low heat and then pour three tablespoons of Terrier water over them.

Then I throw on a slice or three of Velveeta cheeze slices and microwave that delicious fucking hot mess until the cheese is golden orange and drooping like a Drai's drunk chick at 5:00 AM.

It's pretty much the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.