1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How Do I Include a Photo in my Post?

Discussion in 'Admin. Announcements' started by Sonya, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been a few questions about how to include a photo in your posts. I covered this in the UserGuide, but thought I'd put a separate thread here.

Uploading Photos and Media:

To upload a picture from the internet just click on the small picture icon at the top of the reply box.

[​IMG]

This will bring up a pop up where you can insert your URL link to your image, then click on "Insert".

To upload a picture from your computer or device, click on "Upload a File" to the right just below the post bit. This brings up a pop up where you can click "Choose File" and browse your own computer or device for the picture you want.
    [​IMG]

Once uploaded you can choose whether the Thumbnail size or Full Image in the post. We recommend you use "Full Image" as this will put your photo inline in your post. Then click "Post Reply" or "Create Thread". Note that the picture will be automatically resized to fit the post space if needed. Please try not to upload anything larger than 800px x 800px.

It's just that simple. :) Let me know if you have any problems or questions. Thanks!

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya, is there still a time limit on how long you have to post the pics in a trip report once you've uploaded them? With the old system, pics had to be posted within an hour or they wouldn't show. Not a big deal but trip reports with lots of pics had to be posted in segments. Is it still the same?

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean the time to go back and edit to insert the photos? I know the old software had a limit to the number of photos you could include in one post, but I don't recall a specific time limit in them other than the limit on editing.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um, I think I mean that there was a time limit.

When I would do a report and insert photos, I would always keep an eye on what time I uploaded the first picture. I believe it even said that photos not posted within an hour would be deleted. If I went over the hour and then checked "preview", wherever the pictures were that were over an hour old, would just show up as "image xxx" but would not show the photo unless I uploaded it again.

It was always a time thing for me. Once I got close to an hour, I would post that part of the report and then start a new post. It was very frustrating if I missed the deadline and had to start redoing pics so I was very aware of that 1 hour limit. I tried to have my report typed up elsewhere and would then just insert as many pics as I could before the time limit.

5. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya, I just reread your answer and think we're talking about the same thing. I just never considered that process as editing a post so I thought we were talking about 2 different things. My mistake.

I guess the question is now :) - Is there still a time limit on editing?

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That should not be an issue with this new software.

I wasn't aware that was an issue when composing a post on the old software. I mostly cut and paste my longer posts like TR's so I never had that happen.

7. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya. It's only been a problem with one report I wrote that had more pics than words. Mind you, it could also be the fault of my old computer too! I'll give it a try and see what happens.