1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do I get to Rio? Shuttle, bus, other?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

My brother and I are big Burger King fans - yep!

I heard there is a Whopper bar in Rio?

How can I get there from the strip without spending $15 cab both ways?

2. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the Rio shuttle from Harrah's. I think it comes like every half hour or so. Not sure if it is available to everyone or just hotel guests only. If it is for guests only, I suggest you do NOT sneak on, for fear of judgement from certain people .:wink2:

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol.

I'm staying at Flamingo...so it might be a CET shuttle?

4. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be prepared to pay the most outrageous prices that you have ever seen for a BK Whopper.

Don't try to order anything special, either, or you will throw the counter person into a tizzy. They apparently haven't heard the tagline - "Have it your way"

I swear, the COMBINED IQ of the whole crew on duty at the time I was there, MAY have approached room temperature.
    Almost every order they were putting out, was wrong in some way. People were getting quite aggravated.
    It was not an enjoyable experience, and I will never go near that joint again.

5. raisingoo

raisingoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Free shuttle bus from Harrah's or Flamingo. I've taken it before while not being a guest and there were no questions asked. Note that certain people get priority boarding (CET Diamond or higher), but then it's whoever is in line.

2) The 202 (Flamingo) city bus runs down Flamingo. You can pick it up outside of Caesar's Palace. $2 one-way ride. $3 for a 2 hour pass. $5 for a 24 hour pass. (These prices are because the 202 is a residential route. They're higher for "Resort Areas," but, like I said, the 202 is a residential route.)

3) You can always walk from Caesar's Palace. I did this once and made it in about 20 minutes.

4) Next door to The Rio is The Gold Coast and I hear that this property runs a free shuttle between it, The Orleans, and The Strip (but I have no idea where it stops on The Strip).

5) I did pay for a cab once, after a poker room win at The Rio, to Ballys. It was $15, but we split it three ways . Not bad.

Hope this helps. It all comes down to how much you value your time while on vacation.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We might walk it, as we don't necessarily want to wait for a shuttle.

Thanks.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like how much?

This is a do it once so I'd probably pay it - that's part of the reason I don't want to pay for transportation...so I can save and buy an over priced whopper.

8. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like $9

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

9. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All shuttles are FREE and for anyone willing to get on. Tip the driver at least a buck. CET shuttle does offer diamond card holders FIRST dibs.

There are FREE shuttles from Harrah's(CET) and Bally's that go right to Rio. Something like 10 AM to 1 AM is when they run. The shuttle is Harrahs-Rio-Bally's.

There are free shuttles that run Gold Coast-Orleans- and I think that since Bill's is closed, it now goes to Bally's also. Don't quote me on that though. They start at 9 AM. Not sure what time they stop at for the day/night.

There are free shuttles from Caesars to Palms. 10 AM to 8 PM.

I have ridden all of them when I don't feel like walking over the interstate pedestrian bridge.

I NEVER walk the Interstate Pedestrian Bridge when it is dark. Vagrants do hang out on it at night or maybe unruly kids, but you will find all sorts of trash, broken bottles, etc on that walkway.

10. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you walk it, make sure it's not too hot out. Also, if you leave from the Caesars flamingo street entrance, it makes the walk shorter. 15 minute walk and you cross traffic only once.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle to/from Bally's and Harrah's are scheduled every half hour but often they come much quicker depending on traffic, especially during the week. It's a great/free way to get to/from Rio.

12. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm.....you don't save much if you skip the free shuttles and walk to BK.

Jimbo338

13. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember the prices being that much more above what you pay at your local BK when adding a soda and Fries or onion rings..Just the 'gimmick'I remember was that it was all Whoppers and all the recently introduced varieties..
    Got off track a bit,but that is a long and not very scenic walk from the Strip..Do the shuttle!!

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might save time...as I can walk at anytime and not have to wait for a shuttle schedule.

15. njude1971

njude1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked it one time in September and it was HORRIBLE. I really didnt realize it was so far but it was.

16. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. It's only 0.8 miles from Caesars.

7 years ago on my 2nd Vegas trip, a girl friend of mine and I walked from Bellagio to the Rio. At night. In July. In heels. It took us 20 minutes tops.

I've done a cab or shuttle ever since though.

17. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like a good way to get a morning run in while the girlfriend is asleep. Walk from Paris to Caesars, jog to Rio and back. Done.

18. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That shit **starts** at $9! Want cheese? add $1.00. want bacon? Add $1.00. Want a coke? Add $4.00. Seriously save your money and go to your neighbourhood BK and drop a $20 in the tip bucket and you'll have spent about the same money.

19. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're going because the name "BK Whopper Bar" combined with being in Vegas is what's attracting you then you may want to reconsider.

I haven't personally experienced it, but I walked by since it's next a parking garage. The restaurant and environment didn't seem like anything different than a Burger King at an airport with limited menu options except for the beer offerings (maybe that's the 'bar' part of it).

As stated above I believe $9 was about the price for a meal.

But, if you're just trying to get a whopper in Vegas then definitely go for it.

20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd definitely take the shuttle over to The Rio to check it out but wouldn't go out of my way to do it to have a whopper. If you want a really good burger, I recommend Burger Brasserie at Paris or Holsteins at Cosmo.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.