1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How busy is Vegas on Memorial Day?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by wormhole, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wormhole

wormhole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How busy is it on the Monday of this long weekend? I am looking at doing a somewhat short notice trip, arriving on Sunday evening, 5/29, and leaving on midday Wednesday, 6/1. I found a reasonably priced flight for those dates. I have never been to Vegas on a major holiday. Surprisingly, the comp offer I have is not blacked out. I am hoping the crowds will be starting to leave on Monday.

2. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sunday night will be busy, with lots of people departing on Monday. Monday will still be busy-ish but not as insane as the weekend. We will be there leading up to that weekend, flying home the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

Vegas Just Because...
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Memorial day weekend is usually packed, esp the pools. Since Monday is memorial day that day will also be packed. People will probably leave that evening or the next day so Tuesday and Wednesday may not be as crowded.

4. wormhole

wormhole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have much patience with crowds anymore. May have to reconsider the dates.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Vegas on several major holidays including Memorial Day, Fourth of July etc and it really depends on the day it falls. I was there for Memorial Day last year. Yes, that weekend is always more packed than usual but not as terrible as you might think. Vegas is always crowded anyway. I have found that a lot of people leave on the Sunday before Memorial Day because they don't want to hit traffic on the holiday itself, especially if they have to work or their kids have school on that Tuesday. There are always reports of I-15 beng backed up for hours heading toward California. The crowds start to get a little lighter on the holiday itself and the rest of the week is great!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.