1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Houston Texans defense

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Mafioso, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not so sure about their defensive backs and safety positions but man that d-Line and Line backer unit looks so damn solid.

It was already force to begin with with Kushing and Watt but now add a healthy Clowny and Vince Wilfork
    what a nightmare this unit can pose.
    they will have to double team Watt, they always do
    Now Vince Wilfork will demand a possible double team and you have free reign to wreak havoc.

If they have a decent secondary I can see pressure causing INTs some will be returned for TDs.

the big question mark is the offense
    can the QB more than likely Ryan Mallet put up 13 offensive points per game?
    I see atleast 7 to 10 points coming from the defense
    another 13 points from the offense if possible and you have the Texans scoring 20 to 23 points a game, while that may not be much by todays standards, I see this defense with the 2000 Baltimore Ravens Potential.

Maybe Im crazy but does anyone else see what Im seeing

2. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean, its doesn't matter how many points they're scoring if the other team can't get on the board. I think they'll be a lot better than last year.

I don't really like Clowny. Guy has talent for sure I just think he's going to spend more time injured in the league than playing.

3. BRitch14

BRitch14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scoring is going to be significantly difficult for this team without having Arian Foster to lean on. Whether it's Mallet or Hoyer, makes no difference to be honest. That defense, at least until Foster returns, will NEED to carry them. Outside of DeAndre Hopkins, who can they even target in the passing game? Cecil Shorts? Nate Washington? Not guys I would want to have to count on.

4. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched Hoyer up here in Ohio. Only as good as your O line and running game. Career backup but decent game manger. Clowney is a great unknown. Seems like a player who may get paid and no longer want to put any effort into his trade.

5. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Speaking of which, my buddy sent me this the other day. He was out to lunch and ran into JJ and Big Vince while filming Hard Knocks.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.